Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original HST Anniversary Edition - Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    I understand that you'll did do a batch of Grand Central HSTs and Mk3 coaches, however you'll did the newer (current) livery, which I somehow didn't like. Would it be possible in future to do a Grand Central set with the older full black livery? That IMHO looked way smarter and beautiful.

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    We will definitely look at this for the future.

• Nite Owl
    replied
    Not directly related to this poll as such but would it be possible produce one of the buffer-fitted power cars in Swallow livery in any future runs, since I think these have so far appeared only in Virgin/Grand Central colours?

Leave a comment:

• Neil Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    No harm done on either side, as mentioned it was meant to be a bit of fun and to get people involved in the decision making process. You are correct in pointing out that the number of people who voted is not statistically significant but it provides an insight as to what people think.
    Last edited by Neil Dapol; 21 October 2016, 12:33.

• RailGooner
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry, my bad! I never suspected any intention to be disrespectful and for myself never read/felt any. It's just that having read various press/marketing statements from FirstGroup, I've failed to spot any written reference to the colour pallet used. This was my first encounter with the term 'Sludge Green'. I feared it was official and that I'd simply not registered reading it before or not read widely enough, etc.

• Neil Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Any and all information that has been collected in both direct voting and via comment will be considered by the design team, the poll merely gives a feel for what people would like to see produced. We will try to accommodate as many of them as possible either in this production run or future runs.

The "sludge Green" is a term I had seen elsewhere and I was also tickled by a rather endearing exchanged between a young boy and GWR published a while ago on social media over the green coloration. Personally I think the livery is an attractive one. The term was included to provide a little fun into an other wise serious attempt to include our customers opinions in the decision making process, something that we wish to encourage. There was no intention to be disrespectful.

• RailGooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Neil Dapol View Post
    Have your say on which HST liveries feature in our next production run by voting ...
    I was one of the 28 voters; one of the 6.4988 voting for 'GWR (Sludge Green)'; one of the 5.4992 voting for 'Blue Grey Anniversary set'. A clever statistician can make the stats support any side of a given argument. But I don't know what can be extrapolated from those numbers. Good luck Dapol, you have my sympathetic appreciation for your task of trying to fathom out what we modellers want!

And now, can we please just pause for a minute and consider 'Sludge Green'? Is this really what the colour is called? It sounds like the sort of colour option one might be offered in the 70's when buying a British Leyland Allegro! I struggle to believe that (in this image conscious, marketing savvy era,) First Group are quoting the colour as Sludge Green. To my eye, it looks very close to Brunswick Green.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Dapol
    replied
    The system may not let you vote a second time and the poll closed at 09:00 this morning. However I will print out all of the relevant comments that go along with the poll and show these to the rest of the design team at our next meeting.

Leave a comment:

• JR_P
    replied
    Neil Dapol I can't vote for GNER, because I voted before you added it and it doesn't seem to allow me to vote again, understandably.

But, all this chat of GNER got me into getting all my GNER stock out of the 'archive'. The Farish GNER HST power car looks very toy-like next to a (eg. FGW) Dapol power car. Also discovered that mine is non-runner, so looks like I'll be buying a new power car one way or the other!

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Hodgett
    replied
    I only came across this HST poll by accident, an area in which I am specifically interested. I think Polls are very useful and important, but only if all club members are aware of them to get a better feel for points of view. Would you please consider that polls be notified to us by email please so we at least don't miss a poll by accident.
    Not sure if I should be writing this here, maybe a moderator could move it if necessary to a more appropriate place.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Hodgett
    replied
    Would the Hornby and Cotswold Rail, I think it was, twin pack that used to run I think with Midland Mainline coaches be a possibility or would it be too difficult to get a competitors approval for the livery? I'm away from home, and forgetful, hence the I thinks !!!

Leave a comment:

• JR_P
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, I'd certainly go for a power car twin pack with the blue/grey and swallow livery - I've currently got three FGW HST rakes, with plans to buy (at least one) GWR rake (assuming it gets released).... this twin pack would enable some fun mix-and-matching between power cars and coaches combinations :-)

• Nealjennings125
    replied
    Originally posted by clowen84 View Post
    I think the Harry Patch livery is a lovely idea, and agree with the comments that the one off liveries would make interesting sets, you could supply just the power cars as done with the Network Rail HST set.
    Another Great Idea for "one off" liveries would be a HST 40th anniversary Twin Powercar pack,
    with 43002 'Sir Kenneth grange' in BR Blue/yellow and 43185 'Great Western' in Intercity Swallow.
    Both Powercars being how they look right now, with Retro BR Liveries and modern light clusters that would look fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    commented on 's reply
    GNER or GNER mallard definitely need adding to the poll Neil Dapol

• Vonzack
    replied
    Another vote for a GNER Livery, the original Farish version looks a bit dated now when running with other stock.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X