Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original HST Anniversary Edition - Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Q&A: Original HST Anniversary Edition - Is it possible?

Hornby have brought out in OO R3403 which is the very first pair of blue/yellow HST locos 43002 & 3 complete with black inset coloured logo, no exhaust shield etc. Would it be possible to have a complete set of this original train? It does not require a TGS and the two catering cars could use the compromise existing design if the livery and logos were correct, just like I believe you are doing for the HST-P catering pair? (Have suggested this elsewhere, but thought to move it to the proper heading.)

No, they can't do that... Because I would have to buy one and my bank account would cry! Again.

Comment

Living near the ECML, as I do, is there any chance that Dapol will produce HST sets in East Coast and/or VTEC?
      Hope springs eternal.
      Ged.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Ged, these are definitely on the cards.

I am afraid my bank account would take a hit if the original HST set were to be produced.

Comment

Thanks Joel, That's great news!!
        Cheers, Ged.

Comment

• JR_P
          JR_P commented
          Editing a comment
          @ Joel Dapol - yep, that *is* good news.... you're gonna have to commit to 91+DVT+mk4 as well to drive sales of the EC and VTEC HST ;-) !

I know Joel is not keen on making dummies, but Dapol already produce dummy HST's. First Great Western a.k.a. GWR now run several power cars in one off liveries including a version of the BR Intercity 125 with the rest of the train in Dynamic Lines livery. Would there be any interest in just buying these dummies or any other 1 off liveries from other T.O.C.s?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not that I am not keen, it's just the costs of production are meaning they are not as `differentiated' in price as they used to be. Dummy locos in the future will be typically over £60 and to me do not represent good value for money compared to motorised versions. Happy to listen to other views and suggestions though.

Have to agree, if the cost was that of a premium wagon or a little more, which would be around £40- £45 I would consider dummies. But if the cost needs to be £60, then I think that's getting a little high for a piece of stock.

Shame though, I have a fair few Dapol dummies and they are all good runners.
        Last edited by Vonzack; 18 August 2016, 09:23. Reason: Bad English

Comment

I'd like to see an HST in the new dark green GWR livery...

Comment

• JR_P
            JR_P commented
            Editing a comment
            yep, and me :-)

• RailGooner
            RailGooner commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd buy one. But if you do produce it please, please DON'T release any additional coaches for the 12 months following!

• clowen84
            clowen84 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would also love to see the new GWR livery on the HST, would make a lovely book set. Also would be a lovely touch if the GWR logo on the side of the power cars were etched as opposed to just being printed on.

Gwr new livery here too

Comment

Hi Currently there is no modern East Coast Mainline HST in the Dapol range, The most modern is the Intercity Swallow (Which I do own)
            Its a fabulous model but it's not suitable for a modern ECML Layout.

I would like to see Dapol produce one or some of these liveries: GNER, East Coast Trains, or Virgin Trains East Coast.
            Cheers,
            Neal.

Comment

• RailGooner
              RailGooner commented
              Editing a comment
              IIRC Grand Central has been produced, but probably sold out long ago.

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              The newer Grand Central livery was produced, sadly I preferred the older livery i.e. their first with the full black livery.

• RailGooner
              RailGooner commented
              Editing a comment
              Mmm, found a few pics circa 2009 at railpictures.net and it does look rather nice - more refined, grander if you'll forgive the pun.

Further to what Nealjennings125 mentions; assuming Dapol get around to doing East Coast & VTEC, I don't know whether there would be the appetite for GNER, since Farish covered that previously....

.... I for one would probably not wish to replace a full HST rake (I would like, but can't really justify). That said, if you were to offer just the two power cars in GNER as a twin pack (in the same manner as you did for the NMT power cars), that I would definitely go for :-)

Comment

The National Rail Museum HST Henry Patch 43172 has sold well and I wonder if N gauge version -perhaps just power car may sell well with donation to British legion?

Comment

Originally posted by chriswrightmk View Post
                The National Rail Museum HST Henry Patch 43172 has sold well and I wonder if N gauge version -perhaps just power car may sell well with donation to British legion?
                This gets my wallet's vote.

FGW were quite prolific with special liveried HST power cars - hopefully that'll continue after the rebranding to GWR - and releasing some of these specials as single item products could sell well with appeal for modellers and collectors.

On a merry-go-round layout, a quick change of power car and the '1C12 11:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads' becomes the '1C16 13:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads'.

Two full length HSTs for the price of 1.1! I can't lose. You build 'em and I'll buy 'em.

Comment

I think the Harry Patch livery is a lovely idea, and agree with the comments that the one off liveries would make interesting sets, you could supply just the power cars as done with the Network Rail HST set.

Comment

Originally posted by clowen84 View Post
                    I would also love to see the new GWR livery on the HST, would make a lovely book set. Also would be a lovely touch if the GWR logo on the side of the power cars were etched as opposed to just being printed on.
                    I fully agree. GWR logo has definitely to be etched.

Comment

Working...
                    X