No announcement yet.

N Class 142 Opening post:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on the class 142 livery samples yet?.

Comment

Still progressing unfortunately - I had hoped to have them for TINGS, but not to be.
      Regards
      Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        With the starting of the Dapol Digest, model train shows aren't as interesting to me IMO...I like the instant update thing of the Digest! Therefore I patiently await for the days after TINGS...unless you'll have stuff to announce in TINGS.

For the next batch of liveries, my vote would be for first northwestern blue with gold stars, especially as you have already produced the 153 in this livery (albeit with Northern branding), as well as more modern GMPTE (90'S style) and the original provincial livery given that there were a couple of examples wearing this late into the 90's.

Mike

Comment

Is there any sign, soon, of these models. Looking forward to seeing them hit the shops. Though personally, because i'm hoping for Provincial and GMPTE, i'm starting to doubt if a second batch would be released.

thanks for your time

Steven

Comment

Andy Dapol and Joel Dapol is there even an *approximate* (but realistic) ETA for the class 142?.... this model feels like its had the longest development cycle of anything I can remember - I'm pretty sure this was announced originally in 2012!!!

Has it just been considered a very low-priority item, or is it that the development has been challenging....?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Bachmann Class 158 (I don't even remember)
            Bachmann Class 90 (2014, entered CAD now)
            Bachmann Mk2F (2013/2014?? still in first EP stage)
            Graham Farish Ivatt 2MT (2010/2011??)
            DJM J94 (N) (2013, still in CAD)
            DJM Class 17 (2013, still in CAD)
            DJM Class 23 (N) (2013, still in CAD)
            DJM J94 (O) (2013, still in CAD)
            DJM Class 23 (O) (2013, still in CAD)

Dapol announced the Class 142 in 2012, they went through a very rough patch and pulled out of it recently in what I'd love to say with flying colours...Atleast the Class 142 will hit shelves in the first half of 2017 (I know it will).

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            I think truthfully, both. The model is challenging and has been lower on the priority list. In all honesty we have been guilty in the past of over announcing and under delivering and it is something the current team do not want to repeat (hence we are catching up rather than making many new announcements). For the 142 the liveries are quite complex and we have just had the latest iterations of the artwork to check. If these are okay, we should receive decorated samples in the new year and then onto production. My best guess would be as Jeremiah has said mid 2017. I can only apologise for the delay and can assure you we are putting steps in place to make sure announcements we make in future do not have such a long development time.

• JR_P
            JR_P commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Joel Dapol for the response and refreshing honesty :-)

I think I can live with mid 2017 - sits well for me personally (financially)....

Trust me, I'm keen to spend my money and I'd like to see Dapol (among others) prosper, but no one likes being spun a yarn and I'm pleased that the current management/techincal team at Dapol have recognised that. As Ben at RevolutioN discussed with me at Warley, there has been a tendency by all manufacturers to 'land grab' in recent years, which has really only served to frustrate modellers....

Joel Dapol or Neil Dapol what Regional Railways livery will Dapol be doing on the Class 142 Pacer? I've managed to find 4 different variations online.

http://btckstorage.blob.core.windows...041%201989.jpg
          https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...l_Railways.jpg
          https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/670/21...1577f4d5_b.jpg
          https://photos.smugmug.com/Rail/DMU/...0120596g-L.jpg (this might be a Tyne & Wear PTE one??)
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Originally posted by JeremiahBunyan View Post
            Joel Dapol or Neil Dapol what Regional Railways livery will Dapol be doing on the Class 142 Pacer? I've managed to find 4 different variations online.

http://btckstorage.blob.core.windows...041%201989.jpg
            https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...l_Railways.jpg
            https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/670/21...1577f4d5_b.jpg
            https://photos.smugmug.com/Rail/DMU/...0120596g-L.jpg (this might be a Tyne & Wear PTE one??)
            Only one of those liveries is Regional Railways. They are (in order)

GMPTE
            Provincial
            Regional Railways
            Tyne and Wear PTE

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks...Google isn't always my best friend.

Andy Dapol have the decorated samples been received?
            Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, we have some samples and are just giving them a once over before we post photos.

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to know, I hope to see these soon.

Hi Joel Dapol , looking forward to seeing the painted samples, are you able to share with us?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              I had no idea 3 weeks had gone since I last asked! Time flies fast when you're shifting houses and have no internet.

• beeshill
              beeshill commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesn't it just, i don't envy you one bit!

Hope you settle in quickly.:-)

Are these still being produced or have they gone into abeyance?

Comment

Any more news on the 142???

Comment

Is the 142 in production yet?? I remember waiting this time last year with no avail, surely there must be some kind of delivery estimate now or will I be getting yet another email from hattons!

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The delay was because they lost their production slot and had to wait for another. If you lose a production slot there's nothing you can do except wait for another one

Any news on the pacer. I have just noticed on the gaugemaster website that the November-December releases don't include it? They do however include the class 50 and another run of the 68's. Good to see this but how can a model that has been in suspension for most of the year and a model that has already had a run in 2018 overtake the 142. Nice to see Dapol trying to get things right but would be nice to be told what was happening, wasn't that long ago we were told it was due soon. Looks like it's yet another year without!

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Like I said above....

"The delay was because they lost their production slot and had to wait for another. If you lose a production slot there's nothing you can do except wait for another one"

Hi I see there has been the release of some of the liveries for sale to the general public. Was it conscious decision to delay the other liveries release?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                  Joel Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The shipment was split, the other two liveries are due in shops in around 2 weeks time.

Just taken delivery of my first 142, it's a really lovely model. Couple of questions, it appears to run very slowly indeed in both directions, how fast should it go? Are there special light bars for it as the standard ones are too long or do we have to shorten them? If so is there an approved point to cut them please?
                Arthur

Comment

• Arthur Hodgett
                  Arthur Hodgett commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just discovered the rear wheels are not driving on the motorised unit, sadly will have to return for a replacement.
              Working...
              X