Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 142 second batch

Any plans for a second batch?

Would like to see another Northern Rail variant, preferably with the alternative roof ribbing. 142003 would be my pick.

Based on how quick the first batch sold out, I can see them being popular.

Also read a lot of requests for original Provincial Blue, 'Skipper' Chocolate and Cream, and GMPTE grey/red, though these would be out of my era personally.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think all of them would be worthy of the second batch (which is currently being planned for 2020)
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Northern Rail without branding would be another possibility, as they've been in that state for several years now.

Comment

Pretty straightforward to achieve that with a bit of T-cut or white spirit and a cotton bud ...

Also renumbered to 142091

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks nice, the subtle weathering really does set it off nicely!

Good news that a new run is planned for 2020 when will be phased out on main line. GWR choc/cream could be good. Early Provincial, Merseyside and Manchester liveries could be useful. Two books I like are The Pacer by Mackin and The Pacer Family by Kerr.

Comment

Put me down for a chocolate & cream one. I'm building a layout that will be just right for one of those.

Comment

Okay, we are now getting together options for the next batch of Class 142's. The GWR Chocolate & Cream looks like a bit of a cert along with MPTE Manchester. Other livery option ideas would be more than welcome.
            Regards
            Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Definitely Choc & Cream for me please.....

edit.....oops.....saw the headline and assumed OO gauge, that’s a shame.......go on, I’ll have two 4mm please
              Last edited by Boxbrownie; 2 January 2020, 17:29.

Comment

Another northern rail liveried one would be nice, sold out everywhere.

Comment

A Northern Rail with the alternative roof detail would be good.

Comment

Excellent news. GW choc/cream also ran in Manchester area. Manchester orange/brown is colourful. Original two tone blue looks good. I see Regional Railways livery ran rebranded as ARRIVA on privatisation. Welsh Valley Line is colourful. MerseyRail yellow is another option. Pacer Family book has good photos and dates..

Comment

Working...
                    X