No announcement yet.

Class 142 Decorated Samples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the catalogue page needs to be edited.

http://www.dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/index.html#22/z

Comment

The text still says Powered and Dummy versions, but it looks like the product codes have been changed, I can't see any dummy versions on there, just DCC ready and DCC fitted for me.
      Last edited by Vonzack; 28 September 2017, 09:21.

Comment

• PaulShanahanUK
        PaulShanahanUK commented
        Editing a comment
        Personally, I believe the text is being misinterpreted. It states "Powered and Dummy Car Sets", which, I took to mean that in each set, there is a powered car and a dummy car (like the 156's, for example). I do agree that the text should be rewritten to make this clearer as it appears to be causing unintended confusion.

• Neil Dapol
        Neil Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, some time ago dapol decided not to make any more dummy units, the difference in cost now is so marginal it is not worth while. There is the perseption that a dummy should cost about the same as a coach but in reality they do not cost much less to build than a powered unit.

I will take a closer look at the text and adjust accordingly to hopefully remove the potential for any further confusion

Kind Regards

Neil

Neil Dapol incidentally, the expected dates on the bottom of page 17 (Class 68) are confuddled, this should probably be revised also.
      http://www.dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/index.html#17

Comment

• Neil Dapol
        Neil Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, yes, there is some updating to do on the catalogue pages. I hope to start making revisions in the near future (after the dapol open day this weekend.

Kind Regards

Neil

Another model I am very much looking forward to receiving. 142081 in Regional Railways livery for me (or 2 maybe) These have caused some what of a stir, regarding delivery times etc. Patience people I say, I think they will certainly be well worth the wait.

Cheers
      Anthony

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        If only half the crowd knew what patience meant!! Also they all seem to be unaware of the various compromises N gauge models need to be designed with. All I heard is complaining about the shape and all that.

To those who complain I say... "if you can't do a better job of it, then don't utter a word"

For your viewing pleasure the latest Class 142 Artwork. We are currently awaiting a second batch of deco samples.

Attached Files
      Regards
      Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Hi Neil

The artwork looks much better. On the artwork it is difficult to tell on the Northern livery but there should be a thin blue line separating the white swoosh and the lower body purple (you had it on the original livery sample). On the single door / toilet side of 55761 I think the disabled label on the first window right of the door should just be the disabled sign, not disabled and bike (which is correct for the two door side of 55761) - see: https://www.flickr.com/photos/105285...n/photostream/
        The door grab rails have been white for the vast majority of its time in Northern livery - the yellow hand rails seem to be pretty new ie last few months, so you might be better going with white for longevity!

Cheers, Mike

Comment

Hi Neil
          I find your adverts, in the modelling press, a little confusing as to expected delivery dates for the 142s. Now that you are revising, and improving the liveries are we actually looking at deliveries around Easter. Chinese New Year will also cause further delays.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            HI Ged, Once the liveries are approved the 142's are going into production. So yes they are delayed but hopefully not be that much. The problem is we have to supply information to magazines 2 or 3 months prior to print. We therefore supply the information we have at that time, which in some cases can be overtaken by other events making it, unfortunately, inaccurate at time of print. It's an interesting discussion point really as we are considering leaving off specific delivery information and supplying 'in soon' type statements to try and avoid confusion and disappointment.

Looking good Neil!
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

How far away are these now realistically? In stock by spring?

Comment

any news on delivery dates?

cheers

tim

Comment

Any news on when we can expect the 142? has production started? the 68 was fantastic looking product however I have had problems with the bogies on mine so returned to hattons, fingers crossed there will be no problems on the 142.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                  Joel Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We had an issue with the destruction testing on the model which has delayed release slightly. We should be going into production shortly though and I will post on here when we have a definitive date.

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  jacowin80 The Class 68 bogie was so easy to repair, after a lot of handling mine had also unclipped. It actually took about 5 secs to repair. Just slid a suitable sized flat screwdriver over the gear tower housing and then gently pushed the bogie up.

• jacowin80
                  jacowin80 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JeremiahBunyan I appreciate that it may have been an easy fix but don't see why it should be me who has to do the tinkering. I'm sure I wouldn't be expected to clamber under the bonnet of a new car! Replacement arrived today, excellent service from Hatton's and it's replacement is a whole different beast, smooth runner, very quiet and is pulling 8 Dapol Megafrets around the layout as we speak. Happy day's. Can' wait for the 142 now.

ok great good news!

tim

Comment

Any sign of these any time soon? They were about to go into production in March... must be some news?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                    Joel Dapol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, we had some technical issues and had to withdraw from the production slot. These are now scheduled for production imminently and should be in production very soon. Our apologies for the delay

• JeremiahBunyan
                    JeremiahBunyan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good news!

Any chance we will see these before the end of 2018?

Comment

Any idea when the ATW and NR liveries will be delivered?

Comment

• Vonzack
                      Vonzack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      NR is Feb I believe
                  Working...
                  X