Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IanS
    commented on 's reply
    You could try using a decoder from DCC manufacturer (eg Lenz) with them.

The Gaugemaster DCC23 fails to work a lot of things. It's fine for steam locos as they don't have lights, but I have had several 'modern image' locos and trains not working properly with the Gaugemaster decoder which then performed perfectly with a Lenz or even Bachmann decoder (which used to be a bit big for N gauge).

Ian.

• Jeanette-H
    replied
    Do these ones actually have working headcode LED's at each end and can anyone actually confirm that they do actually work, as the 4 6pin versions I have only have headcode LED's that work in one direction only and have to be run exhaust end to exhaust end to get any form of usable headcode light and even then they will only work with Gaugemaster DCC23 decoders.

So anyone who has bought the new Next18 version, do they work and which make of decoder are you using.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jeanette-H
    replied
    Hope the change to Next18 also involves an improvement to the ham fisted wiring that was hidden under the decoder board on the 6 Pin version.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Cannot answer your question about the speakers, but Dapol's system of product codes is easy to understand, if the code is suffixed by the letter "S" then it is sound fitted, if it is not, then obviously not sound fitted.

So if you look through the product codes, you'll only find Class 121s with basic product codes and ones suffixed by the letter "D" meaning DCC Fitted,

So unfortunately there's no sound fitted ones. In that case, gives you a good chance to support one of the many amazing third part DCC Sound suppliers.

• Dalek
    replied
    Got an email from Rails saying these will be in stock tomorrow Also that they have a NEXT-18 socket so the first thing that comes to mind is sound. Is there a speaker already fitted to this new version? Do/will Dapol supply this model pre equipped with sound? Green with speed whiskers good great :-)

Craig

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good Andy! I've pre-ordered the Chiltern Blue Class 121

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Yes they are Jeremiah.

• Andy Dapol
    replied
    These have been posted elsewhere, but for completeness.... Not pictured, but also part of this release are:
    2D-009-003 BR Green, Speed whiskers W55033

Worth noting that 101034 Chiltern green is only available from DCC Supplies who have also commissioned this loco in OO and O gauges. Further details on their website: (bubblecar.dccsupplies.com)

Leave a comment:

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Chris,
    Load haul is one of this years OO releases. N version will be coming along possible as part of the next release, hopefully next year.
    There are so many of these with regional variations etc. it's tricky to choose!

• chriswrightmk
    replied
    Delighted to see some new issues soon. I look forward to the Chiltern Railways one in blue which was used mainly on Aylesbury- Princes Risbrough shuttle and some Specials to Quainton Road. I think the exhaust pipes were moved inside guard's section and suitably boxed in so will not be on front.

Another one off livery was in Loadhaul

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Andy Dapol are these on track for delivery in the next two or three months?

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I noticed it yesterday. I shall put in my pre-order.

• IanS
    commented on 's reply
    Dapol have sent out an order form for the 121s this morning which shows a test decoration of the Chiltern 121 now as 55020 (121020) in the Oxford blue livery, so looks like the unit number has been changed to match the livery from the original worksheet at the start of this thread.

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    IanS based on the updated Dapol Online catalogue updated in Jan 2018 the Chiltern Railways Class 121 will be in the Blue/Grey livery. http://www.dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/22/index.html
    Last edited by JeremiahBunyan; 12 February 2018, 07:09.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Has there been any confirmation on the livery of the Chiltern Class 121?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X