Class 121's for 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: Class 121's for 2018

I was please to announce during our open-day on Saturday that a new batch of Class 121's are in planning:
    In progress are:
    • 2D-009-003 Class 121 W55033 BR Green Speed whiskers
    • 2D-009-004 Class 121 121032 Arriva Trains Wales
    • 2D-009-005 Class 121 W977873 Chiltern Railways
    • 2D-009-006 Class 121 977858 Railtrack Maroon
    • 2D-009-DCC1 Class 121 55034 Chiltern Green ‘As Retired’ Via DCC Supplies (Special edition). Link: http://nclass121.dccsupplies.com/

Currently forecast for production Q2 2018
    Arriva Trains Wales Class 121 (N Gauge -2018) Chiltern Railways Class 121 (N Gauge -2018) Railtrack Maroon Sandite duties Class 121 (N Gauge -2018)
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Hi Andy, very good news, as a long shot guess the body is still the same but will I be able to use a body from first batch on the new chassis, along with sound?? as seen on the Open Day slide show.

Chris

Comment

The blue "Chiltern Railways" one for me pleaseeeee...!

Comment

Andy Dapol can you please clear one of my doubts, on this forum and on Antics website the Chiltern Class 121 shows up in the Blue Chiltern livery (which is what I am after). https://digest.dapol.co.uk/filedata/fetch?photoid=6139 I think it's 2D-009-005

However on other websites like Hattons etc. the image shows a Blue/Grey livery with Chiltern branding. So can you please clarify which livery it will be?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Accordingly I will place my pre-order for the model.

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Whichever Dapol choose to produce, I'll be okay with. If it's the Chiltern B/G one my wallet will be happy. If it's the Chiltern Blue one I'll be happy.

Originally posted by JeremiahBunyan View Post
        Andy Dapol can you please clear one of my doubts, on this forum and on Antics website the Chiltern Class 121 shows up in the Blue Chiltern livery (which is what I am after). https://digest.dapol.co.uk/filedata/fetch?photoid=6139 I think it's 2D-009-005

However on other websites like Hattons etc. the image shows a Blue/Grey livery with Chiltern branding. So can you please clarify which livery it will be?
        Has there been a clarification of which Chiltern livery is planned?
        So far as I can see with the 977873 number the car was blue and grey and when repainted into the Chiltern blue livery it resumed being 55020?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Not yet, but I'm pretty certain that the good folks at Dapol are busy with the recent landing if the GWR railcars. And also other things like the B4 livery samples and updated Class 142 artwork. I'm sure Andy will reply soon.

• IanS
          IanS commented
          Editing a comment
          I've removed the livery info and pictures off of the anticsonline site. I used the files from here as the basis for the entry without realising the catalogue said something different. Thanks to Jeremiah for pointing out the issue. I'll update anticsonline again when we have the final answer.

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for updating the Antics website @IasS , where did you get those artwork images from?! I hope Andy Dapol can provide some clarification soon. Maybe a clue lies in the image, the other two general release Class 121s have all the data filled in i.e. product code, keys, colour charts etc. But the Chiltern sample doesn't. Maybe Dapol are yet to make a decision.

Dapol have listed W977873 (formerly 121022) being produced, which has never carried the chiltern blue livery however has been used by Chiltern as a route learning vehicle in Blue Grey. Think this needs to be clarified?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, because no one knows which Class 121 it will be. It's listed as the Chiltern B/G W977873 but the artwork shows 55020 in Chiltern Blue. So what is the real one - the one in the description or the one in the picture?

Has there been any confirmation on the livery of the Chiltern Class 121?

Comment

IanS based on the updated Dapol Online catalogue updated in Jan 2018 the Chiltern Railways Class 121 will be in the Blue/Grey livery. http://www.dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/22/index.html
          Last edited by JeremiahBunyan; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
          X