Something a little different for the Dapol Class 122, blue SYP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something a little different for the Dapol Class 122, blue SYP

I love the Dapol Class 121 and 122 DMUs and I'm glad this model exists in N gauge because the class was the backbone of the passenger train service at the location I'm modelling. I've got versions in BR Green (speed whiskers and SYP), Blue/Grey, Network Southeast, GWR 150 and Regional Railways but I've been missing a plain blue version. Having seen a photo from 1967 of M55003 in the short-lived Blue with small yellow panels I really wanted that livery variant (as 55003 worked through the area where I've based my layout).

I couldn't do a respray myself but my other half treated me to a Class 122 and respray from West Coast Resprays as a 40th birthday present. I thought I'd share the result as I think it looks rather good.

Originally posted by JohnLambert View Post
    I love the Dapol Class 121 and 122 DMUs and I'm glad this model exists in N gauge because the class was the backbone of the passenger train service at the location I'm modelling. I've got versions in BR Green (speed whiskers and SYP), Blue/Grey, Network Southeast, GWR 150 and Regional Railways but I've been missing a plain blue version. Having seen a photo from 1967 of M55003 in the short-lived Blue with small yellow panels I really wanted that livery variant (as 55003 worked through the area where I've based my layout).

I couldn't do a respray myself but my other half treated me to a Class 122 and respray from West Coast Resprays as a 40th birthday present. I thought I'd share the result as I think it looks rather good.
    Looks great John.
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Looks absolutely stunning!
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Several missing liveries on Class 121 -Arriva, Chiltern Rlys, Railtrack

Comment

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi we will have to do something about that :-)

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Chiltern for me please!!

• carderrail
          carderrail commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes please to all of those....
      Working...
      X