Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easi fit/Shunt Springs

Hi all

I have some Easi-Shunts that have lost their springs, now although its nice that Dapol supply a few spares with each set of couplings, how the hell are you supposed to fit them

Anyone got any tips, other than don't bother trying

Thanks

Paul

Toothpick, patience, good eyesight, patience, short pile carpet or laminate floor and, patience.

Get the spring on the end of a toothpick, hook one end of the spring on the shank side of the coupling, and run a finger nail down the toothpick to compress the spring. Then very carefully, withdraw the toothpick, making sure that as it comes out of the top end of the spring, it locates in the hook on the backside of the 'knuckles'.

Some people advise to add a dab of canopy glue on one end of the spring to help keep it in position.

Have fun.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      I do believe it is fiddly and I have heard the glue trick helps.

Thanks

Managed to replace the two missing springs and a strong magnet on the workbench caught all the dropped springs, well most of them

Paul

Comment

Talking of springs, given how easy they fall out of the coupling it's nice that Dapol do sell bags of springs but just taken delivery of 4 packets and out of the 16 springs only 2 were usable as all the rest had managed to screw themselves together in the bags. Not had this issue with the spare springs provided with the couplers as the bag they are in is small enough to prevent movement in transit but the spares are in a bigger bag so the springs can freely move about and screw themselves together, and it's impossible to get them apart.

Dapol need to rethink their packaging.

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X