Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    To be quite honest it depends on how the mould is made up, not how many couplings there are as the material costs are pretty negligible. If the GF tool has 20 short couplings then the processing costs i.e. time to cycle the tool in the injection moulder will be the same for both. Unfortunately, the costs are what they are and you must make the choice that's right for you. All I can do is assure you is that we do not make much money from the sale of these

• Jeanette-H
    replied
    Just as a price comparison for N-Gauge injection moulded couplings

I can buy 5 Short Nemcoups for £3.50 throwing the unwanted 5 Long ones away or I could by 20 Farish Short coupling for £6.50 throwing nothing away

Yes I know the Dapol ones look much better But!!!!!! You are all competing for the the same customers here

Leave a comment:

• JR_P
    replied
    I also *tend* to just use the short ones; I too have quite collection of spare long ones....!

Joel Dapol Reading between the lines, I think that what you’re implying is that because of the way the tool is, rather than Dapol amassing a collection of long ones in stock, that ‘burden’ is pushed onto the customer....

.... the flip side is, that if Dapol did sell long and short separately, but the tool remained 5 of each, you probably wouldn’t have another production run until all of *both* ran out, which because ‘everyone’ has a preference for the short could end up being some considerable length of time!

Therefore, with your explanation borne in mind, it probably makes most sense the way you do it, given the constraints of the existing tool.... and I’d rather have a burgeoning collection of long, than none at all ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    I think that is what is produced on the tool 5 long and 5 short couplings and to keep it simple that's how we sell them.

• Jeanette-H
    replied
    Thanks, as per my question above, what's the reason they are only sold in packs of 5 short and 5 long, I only use the short one so have quite a collection of long ones I have zero use for, packs of one size would be very nice.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi They should be back in stock now. I will check but we do have them now.

• Jeanette-H
    replied
    Any comment from Dapol on the lack of stock of Nemcoups #AndyDapol have they been discontinued which would explain zero mention of them in the Dapol Shop??????

Leave a comment:

• Vonzack
    replied
    Just received the new Dapol GNER HST, the power car pack and coaches have the dummy knuckles with them so that's fantastic. The Power car pack also has a set of Easi-Shunt couplings too, although they won't go on the HST for me, good to see them in the box.

Leave a comment:

• Jeanette-H
    replied
    Hattons showing out of stock

one point of interest, the last batch I got was from Antics, and they were selling them as packs of 10 all of one size, as they should be sold, why do I have to by 5 short and 5 long when I only need short.

antics are also out of stock now, just as I found they were selling bags of one size they sell out, typical

Leave a comment:

• Crepello
    replied
    I usually buy mine from Hatton's; they're not easy to find on their old website but the new one seems better. Just enter Dapol N gauge couplings in the search box. Surprised to hear Vonzack's point--hopefully Dapol will comment.
    Last edited by Crepello; 24 September 2018, 18:00.

Leave a comment:

• Vonzack
    replied
    In the same boat here and disappointed that they don't seem to be being included with the recent wagons and locos either. A shame for those that have adopted them.

Leave a comment:

• Jeanette-H
    replied
    Will the Nemcoups be restocked anytime soon, out of stock most places as well, apart from the eBay seller selling 5 for twice the price of 10

also if they are going to be restocked any chance of selling them in packs of one size, I only use the short, so have loads of long I don't have any use for but need more shorts.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• JR_P
    commented on 's reply
    AWESOME :-) !

Thanks Joel Dapol

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    They have just been restocked now so should be available form your usual sources soon and prices should be back to normal.

• JR_P
    replied
    Joel Dapol and Andy Dapol I notice that the NEMCOUP dummy knuckle is out of stock everywhere that Google can find and I also notice it is out of stock with yourselves - i've nearly exhausted my current supply and need some more; will you be producing another batch of these soon?.... please do :-) !

As an aside, there does appear to be a single retail outlet (who I won't name) who are clearly profiteering by this short supply by selling half as many knuckles per pack (5 instead of 10) at twice the regular price, ie. I'd have to pay four times the regular price to get the same number of knuckles as normal.... not cool.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X