No announcement yet.

Easi-Shunt and Nemcoups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, as per my question above, what's the reason they are only sold in packs of 5 short and 5 long, I only use the short one so have quite a collection of long ones I have zero use for, packs of one size would be very nice.

thanks

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that is what is produced on the tool 5 long and 5 short couplings and to keep it simple that's how we sell them.

I also *tend* to just use the short ones; I too have quite collection of spare long ones....!

Joel Dapol Reading between the lines, I think that what you’re implying is that because of the way the tool is, rather than Dapol amassing a collection of long ones in stock, that ‘burden’ is pushed onto the customer....

.... the flip side is, that if Dapol did sell long and short separately, but the tool remained 5 of each, you probably wouldn’t have another production run until all of *both* ran out, which because ‘everyone’ has a preference for the short could end up being some considerable length of time!

Therefore, with your explanation borne in mind, it probably makes most sense the way you do it, given the constraints of the existing tool.... and I’d rather have a burgeoning collection of long, than none at all ;-)

Comment

Just as a price comparison for N-Gauge injection moulded couplings

I can buy 5 Short Nemcoups for £3.50 throwing the unwanted 5 Long ones away or I could by 20 Farish Short coupling for £6.50 throwing nothing away

Yes I know the Dapol ones look much better But!!!!!! You are all competing for the the same customers here

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        To be quite honest it depends on how the mould is made up, not how many couplings there are as the material costs are pretty negligible. If the GF tool has 20 short couplings then the processing costs i.e. time to cycle the tool in the injection moulder will be the same for both. Unfortunately, the costs are what they are and you must make the choice that's right for you. All I can do is assure you is that we do not make much money from the sale of these
    Working...
    X