Stobart & Less co2 containers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stobart & Less co2 containers

Any plans to produce the more recent liveried versions of these? Would be a big seller for sure with the n-gauge Class 68's imminent, and the Revolution Class 92 also suitable for hauling them.

The below are what I'm referencing (the 'Less co2' one seems to be more widespread). Not my photos by the way, credit to the owner..

Stobart Rail container no. 377. by Ray Forster, on Flickr

Stobart Rail container no. 29. by Ray Forster, on Flickr

Almost a year on, I'm shocked nobody else has shown any interest in these. I'd love a rake to run behind my 68's and upcoming Revolution 92. Is there a licencing issue with the Stobart/Tesco branding?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      I am sure we will do these at some point in the future. There is a hefty license fee with anything Stobart though.

• resolve10
      resolve10 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did wonder if that could be an issue. If it helps, I'd buy about 8 pairs of megafrets to run them on!

159220 commented
      Editing a comment
      Aye, I have been lobbying for these in OO for a while. Though I do not shop at Tesco's, nor have much to say about the Stobart brand. I would like to run my 68s on the Tescoliner. Though their used water rather short lived, until the class 88 too over the diagrams. Still, if you model Scotland, the 68s are still in daily use on the Mossend-Inverness tescoliner.

Originally posted by resolve10 View Post
    Almost a year on, I'm shocked nobody else has shown any interest in these. I'd love a rake to run behind my 68's and upcoming Revolution 92. Is there a licencing issue with the Stobart/Tesco branding?
    Wasn't aware that these have been hauled by the Class 68s, I've only recently taken interest in making a layout and therefore I've taken some interest in rolling stock. I'll be interested in about 3 pairs.

Already pre-ordered 3 pairs of the GBRf MJAs.
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• mixedupsignals
      mixedupsignals commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a strict Stobart free policy on my layout and in my collection. By the amount of Stobart branded stuff in supplier's bargain sections and on a certain auction site it would appear others are as underwhelmed as I am with the market saturation. I even cringe when I see Stobart lorries on the motorway nowadays. How about a 'Dapol' container freebie to all club members when renewing membership and a Stobart one as punishment if you cancel?

• resolve10
      resolve10 commented
      Editing a comment
      A strange outlook! I can understand not liking the cliché of an Eddie Stobart lorry parked on every overbridge of every modern image layout at exhibitions, and I feel somewhat indifferent about the lorry side of their business myself, but the 'Tesco Express' is a pretty iconic train that runs almost the full length of the WCML daily, and would be easily created with Dapol products (if we had the containers!)

68003 "Astute" - 4S43 - Crawford by Jack Beeston Rail Photography., on Flickr

or a good excuse to use a Chiltern one on freight...

68014 by Alastair Blackwood, on Flickr

or even a pair if you're feeling flush:

Railway Pictures. by John Sniegon, on Flickr

Nope, does nothing for me I'm afraid. I can hardly contain my indifference due to having contracted Stobart Stupor. Give me a Maersk container on a Dapol Pocket Wagon (B910C) anyday. Ooooooh!, that certainly hits the spot.

Comment

Working...
    X