No announcement yet.

GWR Prairie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent news on the washout plug positioning, Richard.

Note how thin the rims on the washout plugs are - almost microscopic in 4mm:
    Last edited by Miss Prism; 18 October 2018, 12:32.

Comment

It is very difficult to date the introduction of the lower belt seam on the firebox. Generally, this seam (with rivets either side of it) probably did not appear on Moguls before the late '30s. In any event, the seam is very subtle, as per 5322's:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/briane...7669537628532/

A few snaps:

Last edited by Miss Prism; 18 October 2018, 11:16.

Comment

ATC rollout on Moguls is not known, but generally started in the early '30s. It might make an interesting potential 'add-on plug-in' to the front NEM pocket. Here's a standard one with Saint 2938.

Comment

You have lengthened the conn rod? And shortened the slidebars?

(I can probably understand why - the clearance geometry is very tight.)
          Last edited by Miss Prism; 19 October 2018, 10:27.

Comment

PRAIRIES ? FIRST PAST THE POST !
            Well it would seem we have a race on our hands. As the latest news from Hornby is that they are revamping their GWR Prairie, and introducing both 5101 and 61xx variants. Supposedly for release during 2019 !

I would guess however that the 5101 model seen as an unpainted sample is probable for late 2019. But the 61xx CAD drawings are most likely to mean this model won't arrive before spring 2020.

This information gleaned from the Kernow Models web site.

Hornby R3719 5101 class, Large Prairie, general purpose type.

Hornby R3723. 61xx Large Prairie Originally intended for London commuter services out of Paddington.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	R3721_Side.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	8328Hornby R3721 (side view) 61xx Large Prairie.

The Duke 71000

Comment

63xx MOGUL
              As there in no provision to add comments to the 63xx Mogul project page, I suppose I'll have to leave a comment here !

I'm pleased you have put a photo revealing the interior mechanism of the expected 63xx. However I have one question, what is the PCB board for ?

The Duke 71000

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Dapol View Post
                A nice idea but with an announcement already in the offing for a mogul, it makes this project less attractive as there are so many shared parts. we also need to revisit the BOB/WC first
                Now that the previously announced mogul will not see the light of day, perhaps this presents the chance to do the 43XX and Prairie in N Gauge

Comment

Guys I doubt Dapol are going to drop their model just cause another company may get their version out quicker, plus it's been pointed out that Hornby got theirs in production first.

Comment

Do we have an update on the Prairie? I plan on getting both Hornby and Dapol Prairies but it doesn’t seem like there’s been any progress on this. No news at all.

Comment

Good to see an update posted at: https://www.dapol.co.uk/OO-Gauge-Prairie-Update

I'm still intrigued as to how that pony can clear a full-relief cylinder on second radius curves, but I guess the proof will be 'in the pudding'.

Btw, in the catalogue, '4314' should read '4134'.

Comment

Great news. Just preordered the Dinmore Manor special edition.

Comment

Working...
                        X