X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Dapol
    started a topic Black Label A4 - Opening post:

Black Label A4 - Opening post:

Dapols Black Label represents a step forward in UK ready to run models.
    Now entering production, with customer despatch scheduled for November there is still a (limited) opportunity to reserve your model. To place a reservation, please download the expression of interest form (attached below) and return to Dapol by email or post to the
    address at the bottom of this post.

Released as strictly limited numbered editions, incorporating a highly detailed body and underframe, separate detailing parts as well as synchronised smoke, operating lighting and integrated DCC sound we are initially producing the LNER Gresley A4 in OO with valances circa 1936. 6 Versions in total will be produced:
    4468 Mallard - LNER Garter blue 2510 Quicksilver - LNER Silver
    2512 Silver Fox - LNER Silver 4484 Bittern - LNER Garter Blue
    4482 Golden Eagle - LNER Apple Green 4467 Wild Swan - LNER Garter Blue
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Mallard_Fox_Eagle-2_thumb.jpg Views:	1 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	563
    The 4th update newsletter has been sent to subscribers, and will be posted here shortly.

Description of the models:
    Die-cast metal, etched and turned parts have been extensively used producing a high quality feel, added strength and overall weight. Our new silent-drive mechanism ensures a responsive, smooth, quiet rolling run. Operating lamps and a bespoke integrated factory fitted DCC sound and control are featured.
    All work on both DC and DCC, combined with synchronised Chuffs, Smoke and emission of realistic steam from the whistle will achieve a new level of operational realism on your railway. Multiple speakers ensure accurate reproduction of sound from very low mechanical sounds, to high pitched steam and whistle sounds and ensures good reproduction both in your train room and at an exhibition.

FEATURES

· Exhaust beat Synchronised with puffing smoke

· Authentic sound recorded by Dapol from ‘Bittern’

· Short whistle with simulated steam

· Long whistle with simulated steam

· Speakers installed in both locomotive and tender for more realistic sounds

· Working front lamps, that can be switched on/off in DCC mode

· Locomotive and tender bodies in die-cast metal

· Locomotive chassis in die-cast metal

· Finely detailed wheels and valve gear including lubricators.

· Sprung driving wheel (Alternative traction tyre fitted wheel-set in box)

· Sliding cab roof ventilators

· Choice of cartazzi truck (pivoting for tight curves, limited travel for larger layouts)

· Glazed cab windows

· Sprung buffers

· Correct tender and locomotive body variations for each model

· Real coal fixed in tender

· Authentic decoration

· Etched nameplates

· Superb back EMF motor control in DC and DCC

· Silent drive mechanism

· Limited edition of only 320 units (400 for Mallard) with numbered certificate

· Collectors presentation case

Retail price £399.95

Return your expression of interest to:
    Dapol
    (A4 EOI)
    Gledrid Industrial Park
    Chirk
    Wrexham
    LL14 5DG
    Last edited by Andy Dapol; 3rd October 2016, 14:36. Reason: Updated due date from September to November.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly! If you look at the current market situation it's the big things from the LNER and SR that seem to be popular. BR has always been so because of it's longish life and somewhat standardized liveries. But then you also have GWR and LMS things picking up the pace. I do pity you'll.

Please don't do a BR Britannia, because I will want one and I will have to go DCC. Resisting temptation isn't my strong suit.

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Jeremiah, you are absolutely correct, but that's the fantastic dilemma we are in, what to do next :-) It definitely needs careful consideration.

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    The obvious choices for them to sell will be anything iconic or widespread in some way. Therefore it always leaves the biggest and well known locos from the "BIG 4". The LNER A4 (done), LNER A1/3, LMS Coronation Class, GWR Castle Class, GWR King Class, SR MN/BoB/WC and BR Britannia. Beyond the actual Britishers to the outside world, these are the most iconic locos well know to those outside of the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Great Choices, we need to think about this carefully!

• LNER4468Fan
    replied
    What about a Southern Merchant Navy, LMS Coronation, and BR Britannia as the other options along with the GWR King?

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    A good question and a very good candidate for a future model, I will put it on the development list, thank you.

• Pete Trevaskus
    replied
    Joel, On a separate point, what are the chances of a GWR King to the same standards at some time in the future? Not everyone is an LNER fan, even if it is the iconic A4

Leave a comment:

• Pete Trevaskus
    replied
    Thanks Joel & Creilly81. I have a Mallard and Silver Fox. Both are now running well, apart from the minor niggle that the Silver Fox loses its memory and I have to re-set the running number at the beginning of each session. The problem of the engines creeping forward when first put on the track, as raised in earlier posts, seems to have simply gone away - possibly as a result of updating the Hornby Railmaster/Elite software? Anyway, I am pleased with the locos and pleased that earlier minor problems experienced by others are also resolved.

Leave a comment:

• creilly81
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Trevaskus View Post
    I note there have been no recent posts on the Black label locos. Does this mean that all the initial issues have been resolved, or has everyone just given up?
    Hi Pete,

I have both Bittern and Mallard which frequently run on our club layout every Wednesday evening - they are defiantly a firm favourite. It's true to say a few people have experienced some niggles, but nothing much, and they were sorted out by Dapol quickly anyway.
    Bite the bullet and go for one - honestly you will not regret it. They take Railway Modelling to a new level in terms of realism and performance.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    I think you will find most people have been delighted with their locomotives and the small number of issues experienced have been resolved as a matter of course. Out of interest, have you purchased one yourself or seen one running?

• Pete Trevaskus
    replied
    I note there have been no recent posts on the Black label locos. Does this mean that all the initial issues have been resolved, or has everyone just given up?

Leave a comment:

• Jimp
    replied
    Andy, I love my Black Label, it is the best A4 that is or has been on the market, however could I suggest that you remove the smoke, lights and sound etc and bring it out, built the same way in die cast metal , as a regular model.

Leave a comment:

• madcap64
    replied
    Reading the blog it looks that Dapol service probably exceeds expectations but was slightly concerned about number of issues, however further review indicates probable third party issues. Will remain interested if and when a BR era version becomes available.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    We are probably not going to run the valanced versions again for some time I am afraid. If you interested in Golden Eagle, drop me an email (joel@dapol.co.uk) and I may be able to sort something out.
Working...
X