No announcement yet.

Black Label A4 - Opening post:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a Southern Merchant Navy, LMS Coronation, and BR Britannia as the other options along with the GWR King?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Great Choices, we need to think about this carefully!

The obvious choices for them to sell will be anything iconic or widespread in some way. Therefore it always leaves the biggest and well known locos from the "BIG 4". The LNER A4 (done), LNER A1/3, LMS Coronation Class, GWR Castle Class, GWR King Class, SR MN/BoB/WC and BR Britannia. Beyond the actual Britishers to the outside world, these are the most iconic locos well know to those outside of the UK.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Jeremiah, you are absolutely correct, but that's the fantastic dilemma we are in, what to do next :-) It definitely needs careful consideration.

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! If you look at the current market situation it's the big things from the LNER and SR that seem to be popular. BR has always been so because of it's longish life and somewhat standardized liveries. But then you also have GWR and LMS things picking up the pace. I do pity you'll.

Please don't do a BR Britannia, because I will want one and I will have to go DCC. Resisting temptation isn't my strong suit.
Working...
X