Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    3rd radius + I think someone did run it one 2nd too.

• Silverstreak
    replied
    I received my Golden Eagle last week and like others I found a problem immediately. The loco moved approximately 2 feet and stopped, brief sound, no smoke and no lights. I swapped tenders with my Mallard and vice versa. The Mallard ran fine with the Eagle tender but again Eagle wouldn't work properly when with the other Tender. Dapol agreed to swap no questions but due to some mix up they missed me off their parcel pick up list and I await that as I type. My Mallard runs brilliant and I thought my Eagle was just a one off, can happen to anyone thing but having read the other Eagle problems I am a little concerned that my replacement will be ok. I will update when it arrives. Sorry Dapol, I really do love the Mallard.

Leave a comment:

• Jimp
    commented on 's reply
    Mine works ok on a NCE power cab, which comes with a 1.5 supply, this can be added to if necessary

• PeterG
    replied
    Hi is there a recommended minimum radius for the Black Label loco's?

Leave a comment:

• Trussel
    replied
    My Golden Eagle arrived on Friday. I placed it on the track, switched on the DCC power and although there was sound from the loco (briefly) the DCC power cut-out within a few seconds. Thinking I hadn't placed it on the track fully, I checked and tried again. As before, after a few seconds the power cut out but this time with an 'over heating' smell from the tender. Disappointing but Dapol response cannot be faulted. The faulty model was collected today and a replacement will be sent.

Leave a comment:

• bob h
    replied
    Pick up has now been organised, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Neil Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Have you contacted our sales team? They will organised a pick up and replacement for you?

• bob h
    replied
    hi my Golden Eagle will not stay on the track it derails on all my turnouts both 3rd and 2nd radius very disappointing. i am waiting returns response from Dapol

Leave a comment:

• LNER84GY
    replied
    Hi, I have just received my A4 Golden Eagle, everything is great about it bar the fact the running gear has started to squeak, has anyone else had this problem and would a quick bit of peco oil on all the wheels and running gear be a good idea?? the visible parts of the loco look well oiled already from when i got it out of the box.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Matt79
    commented on 's reply
    For info I am using Piko SmartControl. This works very well but I am pretty sure you would be ok with any of the popular dcc systems - if they have enough power. I have read elsewhere that the models can draw around 1.5A so you would need a moderately powerful system. The model is meant to work with DC control also (with reduced functionality) but I have not tried this.

• creilly81
    replied
    Hi Bulver,

How funny as Dapol technical said the same thing.
    Yes DC running was enabled as standard so I have written value 2 to CV29. So far on my window layout it's been ok - fingers crossed!
    Many thanks for that though.

Leave a comment:

• Bulver
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Chris, don't know if this helps, but have you disabled 'dc' capability on the loco. Might not be the cause, but definitely worth checking CV29 to see if dc running is enabled. If so, disabling it may help with this problem.

• LNER4468Fan
    replied
    What controller would be the most recommended to use for these models by the way?

Leave a comment:

• creilly81
    replied
    Hi all,

Ok I followed the steps JIMP suggested and all is well.
    however, I've laid a test track in my kitchen / dining room that really allows the loco to get up some speed.
    it runs brilliantly, but when I place another loco on the same track (in this case a HORNBY s15 with loksound decoder installed) if Bittern is stationary it behaves very odd.
    The lights turn off and it really slow shunts backwards and stops before the lights come on again and the process is repeated when I operate the other loco. Yes they are set to 2 different addresses.
    It only happens intermittently it appears.
    Bittern is fine when on the move, control is fine it just happens now and again.

Any idea's?

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by creilly81; 19th January 2017, 14:11.

Leave a comment:

• creilly81
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Jimp,

Setting CV246 to 64 does this allow for you to then switch the F7 function on and off correctly?It appears that with CV246 set to 0 I can alter the chuffs to my hearts content, but the smoke then emits when I turn the sound on instead of if I press F7 to turn it on.
    ive found amending CV220 then setting CV240 back to 194 so that F7 operates correctly just knocks out any previous value I had put in CV220 and the chuffs default back to standard.

Setting CV246 to 64 allows me to alter CV220 AND operate function F7 correctly?

😳
Working...
X