Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George
    replied
    I have the same problem with F11 and F13 no matter what I try it’s no better , if anyone can help much appreciated..

Leave a comment:

• mjb1961
    replied
    Given her a short test today ,,,run great straight out of the box ,,put a drop of oil in and it really does look the part ,,,the only function I can't get to work is the f13 coupling,but having read about it in above posts I haven't tried it yet whilst moving so not overly worried ,,on a whole I would say this black label mallard is beautiful,/ brilliant and stunning ,,,will definitely be looking to buy another ,,hopefully a refurbished golden eagle will be available,,,,anyway top marks from me Dapol ,,,,martin

Leave a comment:

• mjb1961
    replied
    She arrived this morning ,,,haven't run her yet but inspection tells me it is quality ,,it's a refurbished mallard but if I didn't already know I wouldn't have known ,,it is in mint condition ,,the box and contents also ,,,nothing missing in the box ,certificate ,( 45 / 400 ) instructions ,receipt ,,,everything ,,,,THANKYOU dapol ,,,,,,mjb

Leave a comment:

• mjb1961
    replied
    Hi,,,,finally bought one ,,,ordered a refurbished mallard over the phone today also an extra bottle of steam oil ( authentic smell ),,looking forward o its arrival ,,,mjb

Leave a comment:

• mjb1961
    replied
    THANKYOU for your replies,,,,,and reassurance,,,I shall go ahead and get one ,,,,,thanks again. Mjb

Leave a comment:

• Bulver
    replied
    Hi mjb, I use a number of dcc controllers, including the NCE Powercab, and can confirm it works well with this controller.

Leave a comment:

• creilly81
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Andy,
    Getting function 11 itself to sound is hit and miss that's what I meant. Pressing F11 on my controller may or may not operate the sound function on either Bittern or Mallard at any point.
    If I'm doing an extended running session with either or both loco's I tend to switch F11 on at the beginning and leave it on knowing that at some point during the run the safety valve function on the locomotive will sound at a random point. Is this correct?
    My understanding with both of the identical other loco's I had was, the safety valve would operate upon command (I.e when the function button F11 was pressed).
    Mine doesn't appear to

• Jimp
    replied
    Hi it is the only one I use and it works fine

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, this is the controller we use on our own test track (along with a Gaugemaster Prodigy) and it works fine.

• mjb1961
    replied
    Hi ,,this is my first posting on this Dapol forum ,,,the question I have is ,,,,will the black label range work with no problems with my NCE powercab controller,,,I'm very interested in purchasing a refurbished mallard ,,,,,I don't want to experience problems whatever they may be to spoil the fun ,,,does anyone have the same CONTROLER and a black label A4 ,,,,is everything ok ,,,,THANKYOU Martin

Leave a comment:

• Andy Dapol
    replied
    creilly81 If as you say, the function is latching on, then this is a function of your DCC controller. Most systems allow function keys to be designated latching or non-latching. Your manual will tell you how to change of possible. Some systems allow this on a loco by loco basis.
    If you cannot change this then try to gain the habit of hitting the function key twice. This will "Un toggle' and the sound will run to completion.
    Last edited by Andy Dapol; 22 August 2017, 18:19. Reason: Fat finges

Leave a comment:

• creilly81
    replied
    Hi all,

A similar issue with both my A4's for function 11 which is the safety valve. It won't go on prompt, instead leaving the function as latched and as some point it may activate the once during running.

Any thoughts?

Kind Regards

Chris

Leave a comment:

• BryanHowieson
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Jimp. Yesterday morning I received an update for the Z21 iphone app. This seems to have solved the problem in that the coupling sound now works on both of my A4s! Why one function would not operate as it should but others were fine, is a considerable mystery to me! I was able to get a coupling sound when the loco initially starts going forward to.

Thanks again. I'm glad this problem is now solved.

• Jimp
    replied
    Hi The loco will not make any sound when you press F13, it will only work once when you move the loco backwards (I only tested it backwards).

Sorry for F13 i did mean cv 46 = 4

Leave a comment:

• BryanHowieson
    commented on 's reply
    Hi again, I have just reread the value for CV46 on my Mallard and it is already set at 4. I tried overwriting the value with 4 again to see if that would reset it but F13 still is silent when the loco is not moving and it makes two horn sounds when the loco is moving. I then tried overwriting CV46 with the value of 14 that is given in the table in the manual and this resulted in steam release sounds when F13 was activated. It looks like I am still going to have to live with this problem unless I can find the time to waste tring mulitple values for CV46 (which may not be successful in the end anyway!).

Thanks for your help Jimp.

Cheers,

Bryan.
Working...
X