Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IanS
    commented on 's reply
    I think B&H have already done them as 3D printed bodies, not sure what chassis they are designed for though, there are several superb Japanese chassis available from Tomix and Green Max.

• Matt Pinto
    replied
    Hello,

It was actually about 4 years ago that I ran a Crowd funder for the early Railcars in N gauge. It was not successful although it did get around 150 backers. The thing to remember is that this is back before RevolutioN's Pendolino has blazed its trail and convinced everyone that crowd-funding was a viable way to bring things to market in the UK. I would not regard the failure of the kickstarter as a lack of interest in the prototype, just a lack of confidence in the approach at the time.

Dapol's model is on to its second production run with the a variant in the shape of them parcels car coming along. My hunch is that it would do well in N gauge too.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    If the Graham Farish running mechanism is good, I'm sure someone can design a new shell to pop on to it.

• Jeanette-H
    replied
    That's a shame, will have to put up with the out of date Farish ;(

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Highly unlikely I'm afraid. A year or two ago the proposal was put forth by someone and no one had interest. It was decided to try have an expression of interest and crowd-fund the model but unfortunately the crowd-funding initiative was a total failure due to lack of interest. I don't think interest even reached 30%.

I may have gotten a few details wrong but IIRC Matt Pinto was incharge of that and he can give you exact details.

• Jeanette-H
    replied
    Any chance of a N-Gauge version, especially as the current (New) Farish Model is such an old dated design. Something more modern with lights and designed for sound installation would be most appreciated by us N modellers.

thanks in advance for the good news

Leave a comment:

• ndg910
    replied
    I see that more railcars are in the pipeline including No17 the parcels car. Is there any details that can be shared on the parcels car please - cad shots, liveries, valances?

Thank you for embarking on the parcels car, definitely a missing link and i look forward to updates, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Trevaskus
    replied
    Just to assist those who are unsure which type of DCC chip will work with the Railcar, I can confirm that my Twin Cities No8 has been running perfectly since October last year with a standard Bachmann 21-pin decoder. Also, the body is easy to remove and installation of driver/passengers is a simple matter.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Tewson
    replied
    Apologise, wrong place to write to, had lightning reply from sales to my query. Well done Dapol.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Tewson
    replied
    On the 12 of January I posted to Crick as requested a faulty Railcar it is now the 29th I have had no acknowledment as to whether you have received or not please investigate.

Leave a comment:

• aislabyjim
    replied
    Can you please expedite the publication of the Imperium decoder instruction sheet including a full list of the CV's. I along with a number of others have previously ask for the information, in my own case without even an acknowledgement of my request.. The failure to support your dealers and customers reflects very poorly on the company. Perhaps visiting the Model Rail Forums will indicate the poor press you are receiving.

Leave a comment:

• Harlequin
    commented on 's reply
    Superb photos! Many thanks.

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Great Photographs, thank you so much for posting them here, it is very much appreciated.

• The Duke 71000
    replied
    As the uploading system is limited to a maximum of 5 attachments ! The final two photos of the AEC railcars are attached below.

These photos show both side and end views of the fully functional motorised chassis for AEC/GWR railcar No 18. The first with sufficient power to allow drawgear to be fitted (Couplings and normal buffers). The photos were taken on the GWR Brentford branch on a Sunday. This branch being close to the AEC works.

NOTE: CLICKING ON THE PHOTOS SHOULD ENLARGE THEM SIGNIFICANTLY WHICH SHOULD HELP MODELLERS !!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC chassis No18 (01) copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	6657

Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC chassis No 18 (02) copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	6658
    Edited to add more info.
    Courtesy: The Duke 71000
    Last edited by The Duke 71000; 12 December 2017, 05:44.

Leave a comment:

• The Duke 71000
    replied
    I am uploading the following photographs which may be of interest to both "Dapol" and other viewers on this site.

The photographs seen, I have just scanned from the original 1930's ones, taken by the Official AEC photographer. As the originals are now slightly faded, I have enhanced them slightly using a professional Adobe photo package. The resulting enhancements also required the DPI to be reduced (although it should still be around 600-900dpi) and the size shrunk to allow uploading here.

These original photos were given to my Father by a senior BR engineer back in the 1960's. My Father was at that time in charge of BR Fuel supplies in his job working for Esso Petroleum.

CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE

Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC No 16 copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	683.9 KB ID:	6651 Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC Car No 16 interior copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	532.1 KB ID:	6652
    Above: Car No 16 brand new at the AEC works. Above: Interior of No 16 as new.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC railcar No17 (01) copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	498.8 KB ID:	6653
    Above: Car No 17 brand new at the AEC works

Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC Car No 18 (02) copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	564.6 KB ID:	6654 Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC Car No 18 the first with haulage capacity copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	6655

Above: Car No 18 the first with drawgear. Above: No 18 brand new and proving its muscle.

Courtesy: The Duke 71000
    Last edited by The Duke 71000; 12 December 2017, 05:49.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X