No announcement yet.

OO GWR Railcar - Opening post:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!,Neil Dapol,,,,what brand of decoder are you fitting to these railcars,,,also will the railcar accept a direct plug in decoder ,,,thanks ,,mjb

Comment

• Neil Dapol
      Neil Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi

Factory fitted models will have our own 21 pin Imperium MTC compliant decoder in them. The rail car comes equipped with a 21 pin decoder socket and blanking plug.

Imperium will soon be available for the public to purchase as a product in its own right.

I just wanted to express my appreciation and thanks to Dapol. Could I dare ask if Dapol are considering a run with different numbers or even producing No 17 - Express Parcels railcar? I saw somewhere that Dapol had tooled the necessary slides. Perhaps Joel or somebody at Dapol could confirm.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      We could produce slides to produce the Express parcels Variant if we think there is sufficient demand. The photographs from Matt are very useful, are there any more?

Yes, number 17 would be lovely if the sides are doable.

Comment

I can see Dapols problem as most people would only buy one parcels car but for me it is probably top of my wish list. For me personally I would pay a bit more for what is effectively a limited production run. Could it be done as a club model? Am keeping everything crossed that Dapol go for this. I'm very supportive if the decision is yes.

Comment

i have received No 11 in Munich, mine runs well in both directions and operates well with a Lenz decoder.
        Well worth the wait thanks D:
        I have one question when I people my railcar will this count as a modification and thus nulify the warranty.

Comment

Hi Dapol people. It looks as though my DCC fitted No. 8 'twin cities' is the last cab off the rank. Could you please indicate when it is likely to be with retailers. Thanks.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            DCC fitting is done by Dapol at the Chirk facility. So it's likely to take 2+ weeks to do that. Both the DCC and DCC sound versions and completed in Chirk by Dapol.

With recent exhibitions like Warley etc in the way it's possible that they were just a lot more busy than usual.

• KymN
            KymN commented
            Editing a comment
            I have just been advised by Hattons that production has been cancelled.

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Not accurate information I am afraid. We have already sent some DCC fitted stock out to retailers who have ordered them with a few more to ship and still have a small amount of stock at Dapol. You should have no problem locating a DCC fitted version.

I have a railcar now , however can you tell me and all the others if painting and placing passengers in the rather bland interior nullifies the warranty???

Comment

• Andy Dapol
            Andy Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Alan,
            We take a reasoned approach to this. As mentioned on the warranty sheet, Reasonable modifications (inclusive of: Weathering, super detailing etc.) will not affect the warranty, unless the problem is caused by the modifications. i.e if paint or glue has jammed the wheel bearings or pickups.

For obvious reasons, if a weathered or otherwise super-detailed model is returned under warranty, (and whilst our agents take the utmost care) we cannot accept liability for the modifications should parts need replacement (it will be replaced with a pristine part) or the model requires exchanging (if beyond economic repair) or for any damage that may occur to those modifications in the course of the repair i.e. if a figure has been glued over the top of a screw for instance (it has happened!)

Hope this helps.
            Andy

I am uploading the following photographs which may be of interest to both "Dapol" and other viewers on this site.

The photographs seen, I have just scanned from the original 1930's ones, taken by the Official AEC photographer. As the originals are now slightly faded, I have enhanced them slightly using a professional Adobe photo package. The resulting enhancements also required the DPI to be reduced (although it should still be around 600-900dpi) and the size shrunk to allow uploading here.

These original photos were given to my Father by a senior BR engineer back in the 1960's. My Father was at that time in charge of BR Fuel supplies in his job working for Esso Petroleum.

CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE

Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC No 16 copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	683.9 KB ID:	6651 Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC Car No 16 interior copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	532.1 KB ID:	6652
          Above: Car No 16 brand new at the AEC works. Above: Interior of No 16 as new.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC railcar No17 (01) copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	498.8 KB ID:	6653
          Above: Car No 17 brand new at the AEC works

Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC Car No 18 (02) copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	564.6 KB ID:	6654 Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC Car No 18 the first with haulage capacity copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	6655

Above: Car No 18 the first with drawgear. Above: No 18 brand new and proving its muscle.

Courtesy: The Duke 71000
          Last edited by The Duke 71000; 12 December 2017, 05:49.

Comment

• Harlequin
            Harlequin commented
            Editing a comment
            Superb photos! Many thanks.

As the uploading system is limited to a maximum of 5 attachments ! The final two photos of the AEC railcars are attached below.

These photos show both side and end views of the fully functional motorised chassis for AEC/GWR railcar No 18. The first with sufficient power to allow drawgear to be fitted (Couplings and normal buffers). The photos were taken on the GWR Brentford branch on a Sunday. This branch being close to the AEC works.

NOTE: CLICKING ON THE PHOTOS SHOULD ENLARGE THEM SIGNIFICANTLY WHICH SHOULD HELP MODELLERS !!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC chassis No18 (01) copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	6657

Click image for larger version  Name:	AEC chassis No 18 (02) copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	6658
          Edited to add more info.
          Courtesy: The Duke 71000
          Last edited by The Duke 71000; 12 December 2017, 05:44.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Great Photographs, thank you so much for posting them here, it is very much appreciated.

Can you please expedite the publication of the Imperium decoder instruction sheet including a full list of the CV's. I along with a number of others have previously ask for the information, in my own case without even an acknowledgement of my request.. The failure to support your dealers and customers reflects very poorly on the company. Perhaps visiting the Model Rail Forums will indicate the poor press you are receiving.

Comment

On the 12 of January I posted to Crick as requested a faulty Railcar it is now the 29th I have had no acknowledment as to whether you have received or not please investigate.

Comment

Apologise, wrong place to write to, had lightning reply from sales to my query. Well done Dapol.

Comment

Just to assist those who are unsure which type of DCC chip will work with the Railcar, I can confirm that my Twin Cities No8 has been running perfectly since October last year with a standard Bachmann 21-pin decoder. Also, the body is easy to remove and installation of driver/passengers is a simple matter.

Comment

I see that more railcars are in the pipeline including No17 the parcels car. Is there any details that can be shared on the parcels car please - cad shots, liveries, valances?

Thank you for embarking on the parcels car, definitely a missing link and i look forward to updates, etc.

Comment

Any chance of a N-Gauge version, especially as the current (New) Farish Model is such an old dated design. Something more modern with lights and designed for sound installation would be most appreciated by us N modellers.

thanks in advance for the good news

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                      JeremiahBunyan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Highly unlikely I'm afraid. A year or two ago the proposal was put forth by someone and no one had interest. It was decided to try have an expression of interest and crowd-fund the model but unfortunately the crowd-funding initiative was a total failure due to lack of interest. I don't think interest even reached 30%.

I may have gotten a few details wrong but IIRC Matt Pinto was incharge of that and he can give you exact details.
                  Working...
                  X