• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any further word in the livery samples?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Matt, yes we have received new samples now and although much better, there are still errors, so no point in posting pictures just now really. Quite frustrating but we just have to keep chipping away until we get them right. We have requested changes to be made and as soon as these are made we will update here.

Fair enough. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Lovely jubbly! I recollect seeing these in the early to late '50s in the Ealing Broadway/Greenford areas, and certainly remember the Mail version (I think in all-maroon) on the old GW mainline adjacent to North Acton LT station. Would make an interesting layout in my opinion. Your drawings give the real flavour of these iconic machines, well done

Comment

Are we still expecting delivery in June 2017?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Alan, Due to livery corrections, I think this has slipped a touch and now production is scheduled for the end of this month and delivery in July. My apologies.

Hi Joel

Are there any images you can share with us assuming these have gone into production.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          I will arrange to have some pictures posted shortly. My apologies for the late delay, holidays and the subsequent catch up have kept me away.

I hear via rumours August September now, although nobody is bold enough to quote the year.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          They are in production now, so September this year would be a sensible estimate. Frustrating I know, my apologies.

Hi Joel - really looking forward to the Railcar. Your last note on May 11th indicated delivery in July. Is there an update and are there any images which can be shared with us? Have been dropping heavy hints for a possible birthday present, so a likely date would be useful! Thanks. Pete

Comment

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Pete, they are in production now and are due to be shipped in August. My apologies for the delay.

Hi Joel - thanks for the replies re-Railcars. I will keep a close eye on the website for the pictures. Am looking forward to adding a GWR livery one to the layout. Pete

Comment

Any further up-dates or are we still on for late Sept.
          As a extra query I am assuming a 21pin decoder socket is that correct?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Production has now been completed and the production is about to be shipped. There has been a slight delay at Chinese customs, but I would say around 5 weeks and we should be sending to stockists.

I will definitely be buying one (or more!) but have a serious problem in deciding which livery - any chance of some preview pictures to help in the decision?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I am sure many want to see some preview pictures, especially since the EPs had a few incorrect shades here and there. I know Dapol assured us that the production models would be correct, but sharing a few pictures would go a long way for those wanting some.

Photographs of the much anticipated Diesel Railcars.
          Regards
          Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks good! I assume you'll are now happy with the various shades.

• Neil Dapol
            Neil Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            We are happy with all the different shades, they don't necessarily translate to screen very well.

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Well atleast that horrible rendition of cream from the W14W has been corrected!

Hi, I am very much looking forward to getting one of the GWR versions! Can I ask whether there are any details about the type of decoder and whether space has been provided for a speaker. I plan to equip mine with a sound decoder. Cheers, Bryan.

Comment

• Richard Dapol
            Richard Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Bryan, Sorry for the late reply.
            This model will accept any DCC 21 pin decoder, and there is space for a speaker the available space being 27mm x 17mm
            Thank you for your interest Regards, Richard

• BryanHowieson
            BryanHowieson commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Richard, many thanks for your reply. I'm sure you're very busy. Thanks very much for this information - I will get cracking on ordering the appropriate decoder and speaker! All the best, Bryan.

Pictures of the Railcars look fantastic - that's my Christmas present sorted!

Comment

It is a great pity the comments on RMweb some time back about the shape of the "arrowhead" at each end of the lower panels was not acted upon. The ancient Anbrico 4mm model and the Mega Models/Home of O gauge 7mm versions both have a much better "curvaceous" profile. The waist lining should be almost perfectly tangential to the upper curve at each end and there should not be a very distinct angle where they meet. The curves are much too flat as a result and have certainly spoilt the smooth lines of the prototype. This may be a throw over from the Dave Jones era when it was clear there was considerable confusion as to exactly which railcars were being modelled and a number of corrections had to be made to the design..

Comment

I've ordered one of the factory fitted DCC versions. I was wondering how far behind the DC versions time wise they are? If there will be a long wait I might get mine fitted by the retailer.

Comment

• Neil Dapol
                Neil Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi there, I belive the we are in the process of DCCing models at the moment.....shouldn't be long before they are going out to stockists.

• KymN
                KymN commented
                Editing a comment
                Great. I'll hold off then.
            Working...
            X