Special Edition wagons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Edition wagons

Am seeking details of all Special Edition wagons to fill gaps in my knowledge, especially those produced before 2001. John Jarvis

British Railway Modelling publish British Model Trains which lists most Dapol Issues in Volume1 and in N is good to 2013
    I have helped update it over the years but in N misses out many wagons after 2014 although I have sent in listings
    Dapol used to list commissions on their website but this seems to have stopped.

Comment

• John Jarvis
      John Jarvis commented
      Editing a comment
      Chris, nice to hear from you after all these years. The last communication we had was in 1991 when I purchased two of your special edition Wolverton wagons! Railway Modellers likewise only produces comments on a few commissioners these days which has partly led to my enquiry. I am in regular contact with Pat Hammond in efforts to have all past & present wagons listed.

The special commissions are still there - on the shop menu down the left hand side between technical and product development

Comment

• John Jarvis
      John Jarvis commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve thank you for you comment but unfortunately the DAPOL lists only relate to issues produced since the entry was revamped and only, in fact only a few commissioners are listed.

Ah I see you were looking for Historical entries for all wagons made :-(

Comment

Trying to compile a complete list of commissioners of special edition wagons but have come to a problem with one or two. Is there anyone out there who can supply me with a list of all wagons released by Geoff Osborn when operating from Abingdon (I currently list 18) and those presently coming from Modellbahn Union (my list has reached 17)

Comment

I have 17 N wagons produced by Dapol In for Modelbahn. They also did several Sliver Bullets with modified bogies?
        Re; Osborns commissioned I have five from Dapol (Renwick, Pemberton, Ball, Black Rock and Clevedon Gas). They have also done commissions with Peco and Farish and did some of their own using Peco coal wagons with transfers (Robbies?)

Comment

I appear to have missed your helpful comment, sorry for the 18 month delay in thanking you. From your list only the Pemberton is known to me but I don't have one myself! I have 10 in total including two 7 planks done for GWS Didcot around 2001, both relatively recently acquired. I have one 4 plank Langford's (wrong box but probably Osborn), 7 x 7 planks Cwmtillery, Lockets, Skinner, Sandwell, Bosley, Plowman & LNER. I know of 5 plank, John North, a 20t steel mineral, West Midlands Electric and 4 other 7 planks, Lightmoor, Peterborough, Pinnigar & Hind.

Comment

My collection and list is N these days. Your list seems to be OO

Comment

Working...
            X