JHA (O&K) Improved CAD views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHA (O&K) Improved CAD views

Here are the latest CAD view of the O&K version JHA.
    A number of improvements and corrections have been made, notably the end slope of the side, the platform is now correct (slimmer), couplings corrected and internal detailing added.
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Andy Dapol Looking good! Has it now been confirmed what product numbers shall be what livery?
    Only three minor comments.
    The handlebars look a little over-scale? Are you planning to make these in plastic or separate etch?
    There should be a more dominant crease along the wagon.
    Bogie suspension seems to be different than prototype, yet shall say, likely CAD/angle viewing. Bogie suspension really stands out on the prototype as four sheets trapped in a frame.
    Image attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1007.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	385.6 KB
ID:	7991

Comment

I wonder how this project is going. Saw EP at Warley, but never an update on here?

Comment

• Andy Dapol
        Andy Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        It's currently working through the usual processes. Decorated samples are due within the next 6 weeks.
        Last edited by Andy Dapol; 18th March 2019, 16:15.

I have seen the decorated samples on the hattons website but i wonder if i have missed something. the original press release was for the currently liveried wagons which are in revised FY livery with a large blue band, whereas the decorated samples are of the oringinal livery which are mainly grey/silver with YEOMAN on the side.

Comment

• Andy Dapol
        Andy Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        IanS FYI, The correct livery is Grey/Blue and not sliver as you mention.
        Last edited by Andy Dapol; 21st June 2019, 10:59. Reason: speeling ;)

• IanS
        IanS commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Andy,

I stand corrected.

They always looked lighter and shinier than the contemporary 'Railfreight grey' and the 'natural metal' finish seemed to be the trend at the time, following the 59s and aluminium bodied wagons. So I figured the original JHA livery was FY 'silver and blue' like the 59s.
        It was quite a while ago now though, and the things were moving quite well when I used to see them.

• Andy Dapol
        Andy Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        IanS
        Hi Ian, more of an FYI than a correction , and you are correct a 'natural' finish was in vogue at the time. From the original specifications the actual colour was RAL 7001 cunningly described as 'Silver-Grey'! though it is a solid, rather than metallic paint.
        Also worth note is that the early livery wagons underframe/bogies etc. were RAL Grey-Brown (A sort of dark Chocolate), whilst the late livery were black.
        Rgds
        Andy

Hi, Thanks for commenting. I will bring this to the attention of our marketing person.
      For clarity, these are the part number assignments: ('Late' is of course the thick blue band livery with black underframe).
      Dapol O&K JHA hopper master list
      Batch Part Inner/ Running
      Number Outer Number Livery
      2018 4F-050-001 Outer 19303 Yeoman EARLY
      2018 4F-050-002 Outer 19311 Yeoman EARLY
      2018 4F-050-003 Outer 19306 Yeoman LATE
      2018 4F-050-004 Outer 19313 Yeoman LATE
      2018 4F-050-101 Inner 19335 Yeoman EARLY
      2018 4F-050-102 Inner 19337 Yeoman EARLY
      2018 4F-050-103 Inner 19349 Yeoman EARLY
      2018 4F-050-104 Inner 19361 Yeoman LATE
      2018 4F-050-105 Inner 19370 Yeoman LATE
      2018 4F-050-106 Inner 19398 Yeoman LATE
      Regards
      Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Andy!

• daz9284
        daz9284 commented
        Editing a comment
        many thanks andy, that is great. any plans in the near future for the ARC / Hanson / National Power JHA's?

daz9284 No worries Daz.
      Re: the other wagons, as they are different types each would need to be considered individually. No promises at this stage though.
      Regards
      Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• daz9284
        daz9284 commented
        Editing a comment
        shame. probably jumping the gun but what about box wagons Mendip JNA's, JYA's??
    Working...
    X