MJA twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJA twins

Is there a projected date for these wagons please?

Ta,
    Mick

They are in decoration stage now and we will be putting up some photos here soon. I would say another 4-6 months and they should be here.
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Is there a chance of the batch including the re-painted GBRf MJAs? I noticed when looking at these in Wabtec, only the sides are blue with the ends left green.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        I think there is every chance, as we are working on the permissions now. Sadly, it will not be in the first batch though which will be Freightliner green only.

• Martin Jones
        Martin Jones commented
        Editing a comment
        Perhaps the wagons weren't finished..

If you look at this photo you will see they are all over blue

https://www.flickr.com/photos/166458...posted-public/

Hi Joel,
      Thanks for the update.

Cheers,
      Mick

Comment

Excellent! I might with apologies wait for the GBRf blue. No doubt fairly prompt after the first batch MJAs sell out.

Comment

The latest decorated MJA samples have arrived and are about to move towards production. Worthy of note are the NEM compatible pockets used on the tie bar, permitting substitution should customers wish.
          The interior will be painted a darker bauxite colour, rather than green.
          Regards
          Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Looks fantastic. Great to see another modern wagon arrive in model form and from those photos, what a form it makes!

Comment

I completely agree! Another fantastic wagon!

What are these Freightliner wagons used for? Do Freightliner still have some of these in green or do GBRF own/have them all now in blue?

Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dapol View Post
                  The latest decorated MJA samples have arrived and are about to move towards production. Worthy of note are the NEM compatible pockets used on the tie bar, permitting substitution should customers wish.
                  The interior will be painted a darker bauxite colour, rather than green.
                  These really do look lovely...!
                  Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Anyone know whether these are likely to be released in time for Christmas? Hoping to ask for some by Mrs Santa

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                      Joel Dapol commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hi Jack, unfortunately not I'm afraid, production has been scheduled for January.

• Jack
                      Jack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not to worry Joel! Thanks for the swift reply. May have to start a rake of those HIA wagons before ;-)

Originally posted by DRS Crewe On A Mission View Post
                    I completely agree! Another fantastic wagon!

What are these Freightliner wagons used for? Do Freightliner still have some of these in green or do GBRF own/have them all now in blue?

Thank you very much in advance.
                    They have been used on Gypsum trains to and from Portbury

Comment

• DRS Crewe On A Mission
                      DRS Crewe On A Mission commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you very much for letting me know. It's very much appreciated.

I may have to invest in some of these to run with my Freightliner 66s and 70s.

When operated by the FLHH the wagons were used for various flows throughout their time with the green team. Coal, sand and limestone have all been conveyed. Some wagons were also leased to NR for a short time which saw them carry scrap rail.
                    the use on gypsum has only happened since they were leased by GBRf

Comment

Originally posted by Eric709 View Post
                      When operated by the FLHH the wagons were used for various flows throughout their time with the green team. Coal, sand and limestone have all been conveyed. Some wagons were also leased to NR for a short time which saw them carry scrap rail.
                      the use on gypsum has only happened since they were leased by GBRf
                      They may have been but certainly ran in Freightliner green as I captured them below...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/166458...7633484702592/

Comment

Has there been any movement on this model? As it is rather close to the release date

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                          JeremiahBunyan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey...they're already in the shops James. Check the bigger box shifters or your local shop. I've already been seeing them listed on various sites
                      Working...
                      X