Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRS Crewe On A Mission
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you very much for the help everyone. It's very much appreciated.

I look forward to seeing this wagon soon.

• ben68009
    replied
    Any more happenings to report on the IDA front?

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    I can confirm there will be no containers sold with these wagons. Appropriate (British made) containers should be released separately, at the same time as these. Hope that helps.

• DRS Crewe On A Mission
    replied
    Originally posted by the norfolkman View Post
    I believe but am open to correction, that the intention is to supply the wagons as the twin set which they are but unlike other manufacturers
    not supply containers we may not want. This will of course save a bit of cash and those who don't want a particular box wont end up with it
    cluttering a draw. I now have mine pre-ordered and am very much looking forward to what I hope will be a stunning little wagon.
    Thank you very much for the reply and for letting me know. It's very much appreciated.

I too look forward to seeing this fantastic wagon.

Leave a comment:

• the norfolkman
    replied
    I believe but am open to correction, that the intention is to supply the wagons as the twin set which they are but unlike other manufacturers
    not supply containers we may not want. This will of course save a bit of cash and those who don't want a particular box wont end up with it
    cluttering a draw. I now have mine pre-ordered and am very much looking forward to what I hope will be a stunning little wagon.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Excellent stuff...Top notch work from Dapol!!!

• DRS Crewe On A Mission
    replied
    Just to confirm are these IDA container wagons coming in pairs/packs of two?

Thank you very much in advance.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I imagine not much longer until we see the decorated samples? Hopefully a darker blue to the art work.
    Never understood why other FOC operators have not taken the IDAs on for supermarket work out of Daventry. Especially with the higher leasing costs and track access charges of the Megafrets, IDAs are a very logical 45ft intermodal wagon.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Thank you for showing the artwork, and great news that samples are not far off.

The livery sample shall be a much darker blue? (Currently more Megafret light blue) The prototypes appear to be a darker shade than DRS Blue. Yet the level of livery detailing the wagon numbers etc looks superb.

All four pre-ordered!

Leave a comment:

• Andy Dapol
    replied
    Thanks for asking! We are expecting decorated samples quite soon. I don't have access to the EP photographs at the moment, so In the meantime I've posted an example of the artwork.

Leave a comment:

started a topic IDA

IDA

Hello, how are the new IDA wagons coming along, I saw some black ones at a recent show, do you have some decorated DRS blue ones to show off?

Hopefully some seperate Tesco curtain and high cube containers to go with them.
Working...
X