No announcement yet.

IDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really do like the look of these but should the wagons not have coupling hooks on the head board like the prototype to the left of the air pipe?

Also is there going to be any factory weathered versions produced and if so who's likely to be distributing them?

Regards
    Alistair

Comment

We used the original drawings and information from W.H. Davis Ltd.where the air brake pipe is to the right of the coupling hook, and at present we do not plan to produce weathered models.
      Thank you for your interest in these wagons
      Regards, Richard

Comment

Looks accurate to me, naturally the coupling is lower as a OO scale model shall have 'slightly' different centre of gravity.

As the spignots are fitted (which I think is a good move as forever losing the spitnots on the FEAs and Megafrets) shall there be Tesco 'less co2 rail' containers as I know you have produced the older Sobart Rail versions but these were replaced by 2XL sourced containers in a darker livery before the IDAs came into service. Oxford has produced this livery, but they have holes in the top of them (and likely shall not fit the spignots on the IDAs). (the older Sobart Rail Tesco containers are fine for Megafret services).

Of course, the IDAs used to see use on Russell trains too, until the contract was won by Freightliner. But watch this space as Russell's is rumoured to not be impressed by continued diesel traction and DRS new 88s need contracts!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	397.6 KB
ID:	4722

Name:	24544068166_a99436802f_b.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	4724

Name:	6350483698_bf9c7421e6_b.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	4725

Photos from: https://gingespotting.smugmug.com/Wa...DA/i-PxRphJ6/A
        https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1443...9436802f_b.jpg
        https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6047...9c7421e6_b.jpg
        Attached Files

Comment

Weathered versions would be nice, the Megafrets have had a good weathering job done on them..

Do the buffers look to low against the headboard ?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            They are too low! Maybe someone at Dapol can pitch in and update us about that.

Are these in production? Some retailers are advertising April delivery?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            There has been a slight delay so probably end of April beginning of May now.

Hello, looking forward to these, are they they still on track for May/June? Or is there a definite date yet?

Comment

Originally posted by pegleg90 View Post
            Hello, looking forward to these, are they they still on track for May/June? Or is there a definite date yet?
            Now in stock at Hattons

Comment

Hi All, hope you are all well my IDA's arrived from Hattons today and must say I am very impressed with the vehicles, there is some very
              fine detail on them. The bogies have been well captured and look very impressive the spine it's self is well detailed but robust
              and shows good overall attention to detail with even the pipe behind the head stock to the deck modelled .
              The buffers are well proportioned and also impressed with the inter vehicle bar coupler which includes a representation of the brake hose.
              All in all another release from dapol that they can in my opinion be proud of and I am hoping for more contemporary wagons soon.
              Now looking forward to the GBrf MJA's and the next 68 batch poor old wallet !!

Comment

Have to agree bought set 1 & 2, as per my post on rm web very impressed and they run really well.
                Well done Dapol again...

Comment

Mine are in the post, looking forward to them.

Now just need Dapol's high cube and curtain sided 45 ft containers to go with them.

Here is the Purfleet to Daventry on IDAs, soon to be headed by a Class 88. (Though in the past has seen 57s, occasional 37s and of course the usual 66.) Hopefully the Flickr link works: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dan700/with/24202405869/

Tesco's curtain sided and high cube
                  2XL new and old designs
                  Cobelfret
                  Unit 45
                  Samskip

Certain shall keep the team at Dapol busy producing two a month!

Comment

• ben68009
                    ben68009 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    you also see Ge-eX, the odd Stobart 45 reefer and plain variants, EFS also appear alongside Cldn Cargo and CNC and GTS

They look really good, looking forward to getting a few sets, are you planning to produce more? And will we see a change in the megafret tooling to bring them up to the levels of the IDA's

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                    Joel Dapol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad you liked the IDA, we were very pleased as well. Perhaps next year we will produce another batch. Unfortunately, if the currency remains around this level of sub US$ 1.30 to £1, there will be a substantial price increase, as by honouring our previous announced price we have not really made any money. With regard to the tooling for the megafret, I doubt we will change this as it would effectively mean new tooling and I doubt we would recoup the investment, sorry :-(

• ben68009
                    ben68009 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's alright regarding the megafrets, not too bothered by that and I'm sure over time as the IDA's become used more widely(right now its confined to select flows) then more people will buy them, also I suppose they want more modern containers to go with them?
                Working...
                X