IDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDA

Hello, how are the new IDA wagons coming along, I saw some black ones at a recent show, do you have some decorated DRS blue ones to show off?

Hopefully some seperate Tesco curtain and high cube containers to go with them.

Thanks for asking! We are expecting decorated samples quite soon. I don't have access to the EP photographs at the moment, so In the meantime I've posted an example of the artwork.
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent stuff...Top notch work from Dapol!!!

Thank you for showing the artwork, and great news that samples are not far off.

The livery sample shall be a much darker blue? (Currently more Megafret light blue) The prototypes appear to be a darker shade than DRS Blue. Yet the level of livery detailing the wagon numbers etc looks superb.

All four pre-ordered!

Comment

I imagine not much longer until we see the decorated samples? Hopefully a darker blue to the art work.
      Never understood why other FOC operators have not taken the IDAs on for supermarket work out of Daventry. Especially with the higher leasing costs and track access charges of the Megafrets, IDAs are a very logical 45ft intermodal wagon.

Comment

Just to confirm are these IDA container wagons coming in pairs/packs of two?

Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

I believe but am open to correction, that the intention is to supply the wagons as the twin set which they are but unlike other manufacturers
          not supply containers we may not want. This will of course save a bit of cash and those who don't want a particular box wont end up with it
          cluttering a draw. I now have mine pre-ordered and am very much looking forward to what I hope will be a stunning little wagon.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            I can confirm there will be no containers sold with these wagons. Appropriate (British made) containers should be released separately, at the same time as these. Hope that helps.

• DRS Crewe On A Mission
            DRS Crewe On A Mission commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much for the help everyone. It's very much appreciated.

I look forward to seeing this wagon soon.

Originally posted by the norfolkman View Post
          I believe but am open to correction, that the intention is to supply the wagons as the twin set which they are but unlike other manufacturers
          not supply containers we may not want. This will of course save a bit of cash and those who don't want a particular box wont end up with it
          cluttering a draw. I now have mine pre-ordered and am very much looking forward to what I hope will be a stunning little wagon.
          Thank you very much for the reply and for letting me know. It's very much appreciated.

I too look forward to seeing this fantastic wagon.

Comment

Any more happenings to report on the IDA front?

Comment

I see the IDAs are appearing as the predominate wagon on the Daventry-Purfleet supermarket liners.
              Gives options to model the IDAs with more than curtain tescos. (66s due to be replaced eventually by 88s on this route)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dan700/30510675680/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/dan700/24544068166/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/27166477096/

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                This is great news.

• ben68009
                ben68009 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's true, I have spent the last month or so watching these pass through my local station and they are the only wagon used

Any update on these wagons? Saw a sample at Warley and it looked really good.

Thanks
              Ali

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Ali, we have just received the decorated samples now and they look fabulous. We will post some pictures shortly. Once thesedecoratons have been tweaked, they will be going into production and my best estimate would be March time for in the shops.

• pegleg90
                pegleg90 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Joel,

Thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing them. Nice little breather between these and the Class 68's!

Are the images ready, not that I am impatient, but looking forward to seeing the IDA (and containers to go with it)

Comment

How are these looking Joel/Andy? Presume DRS are having a gander?

Comment

IDA Decorated samples
                  Regards
                  Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

159220 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They look superb! Are they in-production and on track for March? Hopefully you plan to do the Ecofret FWA next

Those spigots are removable to put a container on-top?

• Joel Dapol
                    Joel Dapol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No they are not removable but do work with our 45' containers.

Top notch, really like the coupling bar in use, would like to see that enforced on the megafrets if you ever do a retool to be honest! Great Job

Comment

Hi All, hope everyone is well.
                    The wagons look very tasty and I am now very much looking forward to them arriving they certainly show the effort put into them has paid dividends.
                    Would also agree with a couple of the above comments the FWA would also be a good stable mate in the future, and I believe would make further use
                    of the same bogie. Also and in no way meant as a derogatory remark the ecofret would perhaps be a candidate for retool with the cut away bogie cover area correctly incorporated
                    to the main chassis ? keep up the good work Dapol and please give us some more out standing contemporary vehicles

Comment

159220 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry to be pedantic, but... the WH Davies designed and built IDA Low- rider wagon comes equipped with SCT Barber 14.25 BLR bogies (BLR for low ride) where as the FWA, designed by VTG and manufactured by Greenbrier as the Ecofret comes equipped with SCT Barber 20.5 BER bogies (BER for easy ride). There is significant differences between the two wagons: different ride heights, one being a low riding bogie and the other being totally different design lengths between 40ft and 45ft.

This does not in anyway stem my enthusiasm for a VTG Ecofret wagon. Seen in daily use with Freightliner, GB Railfreight and DB Cargo UK.
                  Working...
                  X