JNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JNA

Brilliant to see the JNA wagons released again, it has been quite sometime since they were last produced. I snapped up all four and I see they are selling well with retailers. Is another batch planned within the next year. Hopefully not to long to wait next time.

Also the yellow in the new batch has more 'depth' to it, which suits the wagons more. Shall this be the new yellow?

Also see the JNAs are being produced by Astra Rail for Tarmac and DB Cargo now (with high tops) for the aggregate and construction side of railfreight. Perhaps a good future for a modification to the JNA tooling.

Originally posted by 159220 View Post
    Brilliant to see the JNA wagons released again, it has been quite sometime since they were last produced. I snapped up all four and I see they are selling well with retailers. Is another batch planned within the next year. Hopefully not to long to wait next time.

Also the yellow in the new batch has more 'depth' to it, which suits the wagons more. Shall this be the new yellow?

Also see the JNAs are being produced by Astra Rail for Tarmac and DB Cargo now (with high tops) for the aggregate and construction side of railfreight. Perhaps a good future for a modification to the JNA tooling.
    The new wagons aren't like JNA Falcons. They are much shorter as well as being taller - more like an IOA in size.
    The DBC wagons are coded MMA (by Astra Rail, Romania) and the Tarmac are MWA (by Greenbrier, Poland). There are differences between the two types.

JNA covers quite a variety of bogie boxes, not just the Network Rail yellow "Falcon"

Comment

Originally posted by newbryford View Post

The DBC wagons are coded MMA (by Astra Rail, Romania) and the Tarmac are MWA (by Greenbrier, Poland). There are differences between the two types.
      Sorry I should of been more clear. But with the general title of JNA, one used it as an opportunity to encourage more JNA Falcons and different designs of JNAs. Seeing as aggregates is the new coal. I hope to see the JNA expanded.

Yes, the original JNA-C with design codes JN060A/B were build by (Trinity) Astra Rail of Romania, numbered NLU29001-to-29555.

The new Astra Rail aggregate wagons share more design characteristics with the JNA-C than the IOA who were built by Greenbrier. (which share more design characteristics with the ex-Freightliner MJA and new MWA-A).

Astra Rail has built two very similar aggregate wagons recently, all from the JNA family:

JNA-T for Ermewa/Tarmac 8170 5500 000-to-073 with design code JN062A

MMA-A for DB Cargo, numbered 8170 5500 074-to-163 with design code MM001A
      The MMA-A are identical to the JNA-T, with only the addition of a small access door in the side as you said. They are not coded JNA-T as they are owned privately by DB Cargo and this new MMA TOPs code.

Currently Astra Rail are building:

JNA-T for VTG/Mendip, numbered 8170 5500 164-upwards, with design code JN062A

Thus I would say, though I was not specific earlier and I do apologise for not being, the JNA would be a brilliant wagon to develop further from the already superb JNA-C. Dapol have the relationship with Astra Rail and the characteristics are similar. I am sure Mendip/DBC/Tarmac would be delighted to see their wagon modelled as it removes so many lorries from the rails. Personal experience of Tarmac certainly proves they are passionate about rail. The Astra Rail JNA would only need one additional tooling adjustment, the side door, for three different liveries.

Interestingly, and a tangent from the JNAs.

Greenbrier are busy building MWA-A for Freightliner (not Tarmac as quoted), numbered 8170 5891 001-to-064 which are near identical to the older MJA twins.
      Last edited by 159220; 13 July 2016, 18:30. Reason: JNA-T for VTG/Mendip shall not be 130 wagons, as order split between JNA-T and HOA.

Comment

159220 commented
        Editing a comment
        JNA-T for VTG/Mendip have arrived. I saw them in Westbury this late afternoon. Look exactly like the JNA-T for Tarmac (silver/grey too) and very similar to the MMA-A. Ideal new wagon to model.

Without discussing differences in length of the wagon, the characteristics between Astra products, as opposed to Greenbrier is striking. I put together a jpg for comparison.
      Last edited by 159220; 13 July 2016, 18:19.

Comment

Seems as though the last remaining JNA's from the 2018-ish batch have sold out over the last month. Does anyone know if another run in the future is planned or if the falcons have seen their day as production models? I suspect that these will join the MRA's being rare as gold dust on the second hand market.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello BWY, we do have another run of JNA's on our mind, probably sometime in 2021. Interestingly you mention the MRA's what do people think of another run of these? If yes, what liveries would you like to see.
      Working...
      X