No announcement yet.

Liveries for the next production run of Class 73's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this next batch of Class 73s have all the previous issues ironed out? i.e. colours, DCC board, lighting etc.
    A lot to complain about on the dapol class 73, you have even listed major issues JeremiahBunyan but you'forgot' poor running,poor pickups and poorly glued on detail parts dropping off.
    Last edited by dastardley; 27 January 2017, 11:52.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmmm...you sound very eager to jump at Dapol at any given instance.

I was never aiming to list every single issue with Dapol's Class 73 which is why I used "etc" therefore suggesting more points that I didn't list.

Definition of et cetra "etc." from www.dictionary.com
      http://www.dictionary.com/browse/et-cetera
      HTH.

I merely posted in the hopes of getting an answer as to whether they were sorted or not. The overall quality of running was never poor, I've personally seen quite a few of them run as sweet as anything else.

Cheers!
      Last edited by JeremiahBunyan; 27 January 2017, 14:13.

dont understand why you feel the need to try and make this personal JeremiahBunyan? All I did was list the points you dont list.
    Dictonary defininitions are off topic and condesending.

There are a lot of problems with that model just read the other forums. etc. is a vuage term how can people know what is a problem from that? can dapol fix 'etc?' the can fix poor running and bits dropping pff, but only if they are told insted of youthemisums.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry, I don't feel that I made anything personal. I had a question, I asked and it was answered. Did I list all the issues? No. Did I have to? No. As you stated, it's clearly well covered in other forums, and forums like RMweb will constantly dwell on it for years to come. I know very well that Dapol know exactly what they have to look into and fix. So YES, Dapol can fix my et cetras.

Whether you misread my point or just didn't see what I wrote, I simply pointed out that I was aware of all the issues, but in order to save time I used "etc".

Surlley then my comments are complimentary to yours not really jumping at dapol at any govern instance like you accused me about?
    whay do you have a go at me. is it because you thinkl you are are the sole person who can complement or criticise dapol? you do make a lot of posts here.
    what exactly is your relationship with dapol anyway you spend a lot of time here almost like you are paid for it (ha ha - joke i am sure you are just a happy customer)

Comment

Can I ask all to please act with a little decorum, I have allowed a large degree of latitude to date but this will come to an end. The Digest is intended to be a pleasant friendly place for all to feel safe and enjoy themselves., the continuing escalation of hostility in the tone used in some comments on this thread will result in sanctions being put in place.

For the record, Dapol welcome constructive comments that will help improve the products we produce (when they are put forward in a polite and constructive manner).
      Regards
      Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• peteb
        peteb commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully being polite and constructive :-)

I have the Pullman class 73 and overall I am very pleased with it. Refitting the coupling hooks the right way up was no big deal, the DCC direction issue was sorted in the decoder programming and I will get around to modifying the circuit board so I can control the cab lights from a DCC function. Great to hear that all these issues will be sorted in future batches which proves that Dapol are listening to customer feedback.

I was going to order at least one more in BR Blue, but I didn't because the purplish shade would not have looked right alongside all my other rail blue locos from various manufacturers - including the excellent Dapol Western.

Can I ask if we can expect some future batches of Dapol class 73 to include some more in BR Rail Blue, this time with a more correct shade of blue, and also the right shade of yellow on the ends, that will look ok with other rail blue models?

Thanks,

Pete

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Pete, the next batch does not include BR Blue versions I am afraid. The point, however has been taken on the BR Blue we used and future batches will include a colour that has been universally accepted. We will naturally post pictures here as well nearer the time for comment and appraisal.

Any ETA on the artwork, looking forward to seeing. I am sure very similar to the N gauge Gaugemaster limited editions? My chosen retailer, Kernow, is advertising delivery in 4th Quarter.

Comment

Photographic surveys completed and sent, awaiting the return of the artwork and a schedule which i will keep you all advised of at the relevant times
        Regards
        Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

159220 commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent, looking forward to seeing them.

Looking forward to updates. Seeing the N gauge ones with Gaugemaster one should not for 73235 the roof needs to be a dark grey not black, horns silver and of course bogie detail highlighted in white for wiring and red for springs (I imagine lift point markers and other body side printed detail is missing in N gauge due to size?). For 73202 the yellow warning panel should be positioned at the handle/sole bar level and not the front cab window. Plus the sides should be a very dark brown-grey rather than black - along with bogie detail same as 235. I hope comments help the OO gauge artwork.

Comment

• Neil Dapol
          Neil Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Waiting on the OO Gauge Class 73 art work to come back. Once,we have something we are happy with I will post the artwork to,gain any insight digest members may have/wish to pass on.

159220 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am sure the above mentioned niggles shall have been noted. I have been told before along the lines that the tolerances in N is higher than OO.

Really looking forward to this next batch. I really hope the style of headcode numbers is corrected on these ones..

Comment

Joel Dapol Neil Dapol Have livery artwork/samples for the upcoming Class 73 been produced, since announcement? Would be useful to have an update on the program as the main websites 'product development' is a little out of date. I assume you must have livery samples of the models to show to us?

Comment

• Neil Dapol
            Neil Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            The first rendition of the artwork has been commented on and sent back tot he artists for amendment, we will be looking at the second rendition soon and will report our findings. When we have something we are happy with I will post the results for comment.

159220 commented
            Editing a comment
            Neil Dapol Thank you for the update, expecting good stuff from the artists second drawing. Sorry that I thought the second batch of 73s would of advanced further, but like with anything, always takes longer than expected.

Were any samples (artwork or physical sample) shown on the class 73 at the recent open day? Is the new expected delivery quarter known?

Comment

Will there be any samples/pre-production models of the second batch at Warley??

Comment

Aye, I was also wondering what has happened to the 73s. I am very keen to buy more of these superbly detailed locomotives. Has the artwork been complete and corrected since July?

Perhaps it might be sensible, seeing as the second batch has taken longer to be delivered, to include another livery or two? Seeing the Class 68s being released in multiple numbers, the GBRf brand is ever popular on the 73. How about right up to date GB Railfreight branded 73? You have all the correct artwork from 73205 (as 73206 should not of had the orange band along the top of the blue body, but 73205 with Olivias Trains was correct). Choose from:

73119: https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnfr...155862/sizes/l Certainly Borough of Eastleigh would be a fine choice with her city plates too.
              73128: https://www.flickr.com/photos/austin...459894/sizes/l OVS Bulleid, another fine name.
              there is also 73109, 73136 Mhariri, 73212 Fiona and 73213 Rhodalyn

Hopefully a future model shall be the GBRf star, 73201 Broadlands: https://www.flickr.com/photos/austin...310143/sizes/l
              which recently hauled some MJA Twins.... https://www.flickr.com/photos/853046...007668/sizes/l

Comment

Much as I am loth to jump on the Dapol-bashing bandwagon, sometimes the silence from the company is deafening.

Has it really taken a year for the second rendition of the Class 73 artwork to be produced, when it apparently only took 3 months for the first version to be produced? What was all that about Neil 'reporting his findings' and posting the artwork for comment?

It is frustrating to have these occasional promises and then... nothing
                Last edited by Finsbury Park; 27 June 2018, 10:19.

Comment

As if by magic, an email from Hattons dropped into my in box a few hours after I posted the previous message, with pictures of the new Class 73s with the liveries applied. (Notably all only show twin red headcode blinds, not the alpha/numerical characters, so we can't see if they are the correct styles this time).

So the promise to 'post the artwork for comment' on Dapol Digest clearly wasn't kept.

Honestly, Dapol, what is the point of you having this resource if you can't be bothered to use it?

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Park View Post
                    As if by magic, an email from Hattons dropped into my in box a few hours after I posted the previous message, with pictures of the new Class 73s with the liveries applied.
                    It's difficult to tell from the photos but the 'warning yellow' on the new variants still looks a bit off?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                      JeremiahBunyan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's never wise to judge from photos like that which are taken in a studio under artificial light. The only positive way to compare colours is to have it right beside the prototype in question on a nice clear day.

• JeremiahBunyan
                      JeremiahBunyan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Also worth asking Dapol for the RAL code of the yellow they used.
                  Working...
                  X