X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Dapol
    replied
    Hi 159220 ,
    I don't have any direct experience with the model you mention, but we have tested our prototypes extensively and have not experienced any running issues attributable to the axle-box design.
    Currently there we are finalising production as our factory returns to full capacity and will provide updates as soon as we have solid information to pass on.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Sorry to draw this thread up, but with a competitors failure to suitable design a working axel box...and Dapol being the first to announce before an all new 66 was. How has the rotating axel box been made to work on the class 59? I am sure like with other modellers, there is concern the novel feature shall impact on the running of the model?

Leave a comment:

• the norfolkman
    replied
    HI i am not awfully clued up on the 59's to be honest but the EP is certainly for me starting to capture the look and
    character of it's real life version. the moulding looks crisp and what detailing is fitted look's to be heading in a very detailed
    direction. It's starting to make me want to place an order for the DB example the livery pic for which is rather tasty, will then have to go
    on railtour duties ! amongst other services.
    Keep up the good work very promising look forward to the full on article.

Leave a comment:

• YesTor
    replied
    I'd say that the bogies are certainly an improvement and definitely now have that slightly 'bulkier' feel. Some of the detailing looks quite nice too now.

On a critical note if I may - and while it is difficult to tell from the angle of the photograph - but are the brake shoes out-of-line with the wheels? And as with most RTR models, the bogie steps always appear slightly overscale/chunky, maybe it would be possible to mould these to a slightly finer scale?

Aside from the bogies and one other thing noticeable - again not sure if it's anything to do with the angle of the photograph of the model - however looking at a handful of prototype photos and there is definitely a distinct depth to the solebar area (usually appearing very shadowed immediately beneath the body); whereas this area appears somewhat 'shallow', seemingly lacking any real depth on the model?
    Last edited by YesTor; 13 June 2018, 12:59.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Looks really good, waiting to see a fully assembled EP sample.

Are the doors functioning? i.e. can they open and close?

Leave a comment:

• Andy Dapol
    started a topic Class 59 Re-Tooled Bogies

Class 59 Re-Tooled Bogies

After an opportunity to examine a full set of works drawings, changes have been made to the bogies for our class 59, which is proceeding on schedule for an end of year production run.
    We retain the ability to produce all variants (The pictured version shows the version with outer, twin dampers).
    See previous post for decoration information.
Working...
X