No announcement yet.

OO Class 59 Artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be the camera of the individual who posted the photo, but the National Power blue looks almost purple on the photos of the samples over on RMWeb. Should look as per attached.

Guy

Comment

Just noticed on the 59/0 (Yeoman model) the marker lights are too big. The tails and markers are the same size on the real loco (the red and white lights each side, not the central main headlight). If these are in the plastic, presume it's too late to fix

Jo

Comment

• Andy Dapol
        Andy Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, thanks for your feedback. Yes they are moulded parts, however this is one of the changes which are in hand as a result of our continued development, aided by comments such as yours. Please keep it up!

A minor update to these models is that improvements are in hand, this includes some tooling tweaks, logo and paint colour/ shade alterations. These changes are based on feedback received directly and via this forum, thanks to all who have contributed!
      Regards
      Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Hi All and happy new year .
        Good to see that feed back is being used and put in to practice hopefully the finished article will be well worth the wait .
        It is a class that deserves to be brought up to modern standards.

Comment

Hi
          We seemed to waiting for this forever, have you any idea what the ETA of this model will be, Will the smoke unit will be ready (as there are no mention of this except on the first post) at the same time, as I can not wait for this to be on my layout along side my Black Label A4.
          cheers

Comment

Don't know if this is in hand as an alteration already, but noticed the strip under the doors isn't quite right.
            heres a link to my comment on rmweb about it, seems other are in agreement. https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/in...omment=3508386

It's only a small detail, but as I'm on and off the real things several times a shift it jumped out as not right
            Jo

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yet again issues are found only when it's too late. And if you look back at the times when Dapol shared images of the first samples and then the first painted samples, this sort of thing is quite clear in the pictures. Yet time and time again these things are only brought up at a stage where either nothing can be done or if the company is willing to do it, it will delay the model by atleast 3-6 months.

No model will ever be perfect, small details will never be seen when going round a track, there we always be compromises when extrapolating from the real thing to a model

Comment

any update on the revised samples for the colours of the NP and ARC models and the modifications / alterations?

Comment

Hi daz9284,
                The revised livery samples have arrived, photos will be released in due course. I'm currently finalising tests on the PCB and other electrics and will have some positive news on dates once I have confirmed with the factory.
                Regards
                Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Working...
                X