OO Class 59 Artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OO Class 59 Artwork

With the arrival of the retooled bogies (see next post) I have completed the artwork for the liveries. Printing plates, spray masks etc. etc. are about to be started and I aim to have decorated samples later this year.
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Not technically the right place, but are the N gauge Class 59s still on track to follow the OO gauge Class 59s?

The artwork looks great and I think the only thing you'll need to be careful about is fonts, I recall quite a few people not being happy with the fonts used by Dapol on the N gauge Class 66s
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Excellent to see progress. With the images being small and my interest only being the DBS 59206, I can for now see some minor corrections. Centring around the DB brand and colour.

Of course the chassis might be best black, rather than the incorrect DB grey? The nameplates look as if the font is too large, but again, the image is too small and not for retina screen to tell 100%.

I am sure the stretching on the DB S brand is due to the ribs, and when tampo printed shall 'shrink' to look correct?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 10.40.39.png
Views:	327
Size:	581.5 KB
ID:	7358

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dapol View Post
        With the arrival of the retooled bogies (see next post) I have completed the artwork for the liveries. Printing plates, spray masks etc. etc. are about to be started and I aim to have decorated samples later this year.
        Three comments:

1) it looks like the artwork for the Yeoman and ARC 59s have the buckeye release bar but they never had them fitted
        2) the 59/2 in National Power should have a drophead buckeye
        3) the lamp bracket should be on the secondmans side and not the drivers

Regards
        Darryl

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Regarding points 1 and 2, better to wait for the painted EP samples. A lot of times artwork doesn't show the accurate detail differences and mostly just something generic.

Andy Dapol the point about the lamp bracket is actually something that you'll need to look at as it is on the wrong side. The artwork shows the correct side but the EP samples show the wrong side.

Also, on all the 59's you are missing the two steps on each side of the front valance below the light clusters

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Andy Dapol this is something that's been missing from the CAD images as well. Is it too late to add the steps which do infact look quite prominent on the Class 59's valance?

Andy Dapol just wondering if there is an updated artwork / EP sample with the points i raised above?

Comment

Andy Dapol any update on these? Any painted samples ready?
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

I have just seen the painted examples in Rail Express no.270 and the 59s look great. however please take note of what members of the digest forum and RM Web say as the last few models of locos and wagons have been released with inaccuracies (i.e HIA wagon with a white end when it is silver / aluminium).

It maybe that the details are missing but i have noticed the following:
            1) the ends steps are still missing (as i pointed out on 1st july)
            2) the horizontal buckeye release bar is missing on the 59/2
            3) on the 59/2 the side radiator bars should be black
            4) white retaining straps missing on the side fire bottles
            5) the nubers on the 59/2 look too large as there is more of a red surround of the numbers to the cast plates edge
            6) no data panel on the 59/2 in National Power livery

regards
            Darryl
            Last edited by daz9284; 28th October 2018, 12:52.

Comment

a good side picture showing the numbers:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/710926...21h1uq1-H3YtYe

Comment

Originally posted by daz9284 View Post
              3) on the 59/2 the side radiator bars should be black
              regards
              Darryl
              Brand new in National Power livery the locos had blue grills. It's the dirt accumulation that makes them look black.
              its hard to tell from the small Rail Express pics, but I think the DB one may have the wrong style of DB logo on the yellow nose. 206 is different to the other 5, it has no white outer ring

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by steadfast View Post
              Brand new in National Power livery the locos had blue grills. It's the dirt accumulation that makes them look black.
              its hard to tell from the small Rail Express pics, but I think the DB one may have the wrong style of DB logo on the yellow nose. 206 is different to the other 5, it has no white outer ring

Jo
              I actually meant the black bars to the right hand side of the fire bottles:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue-d...7624287801425/

but regarding the radiator grills, were the later ones painted black as here is 59204 at Ferrybridge only 3 weeks after delivery:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/143518...-fDVPu5-4zX7yn

Comment

Any chance of some detailed photos of the livery samples Andy? I'm keen to see the ARC livery application.

Thanks,

Guy

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If the past is anything to go by they'll be posting pictures after it is reviewed. Sometimes only when they get the second painted sample

Just a quick 'place-holding' post to say that I am currently reviewing the samples and that all comments have been received and will be taken into account. Thanks to all who contributed.
                Regards
                Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• daz9284
                  daz9284 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  no problem at all, hope we have been able to help.

I may have missed something and apologies if the case, but has 59003 in GBRf been proposed as a limited edition anywhere, or even a future standard release.
                Thanks
                Martin

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                  Joel Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello Martin, No it has not been announced yet and may be released at some future date after the first batches have hit the shops.

Hi Andy,

Please can you post some photos of the ARC sample?

Looking at photos from Warley of your painted samples over on RMWeb, the yellow looks very off, and (more worryingly) the grey of the roof should not be a different shade to the grey on the cabs and under frame.

Attached is an example of what to aim for. From front to back: (Phoenix - spot on), (Lima - grey too dark, mustard ok), (Hornby - yellow is not 'mustard' and grey is too dark).

Given I'll have probably 8 of these off for my layout based on Whatley, I'd really like you to get this right!

Cheers,

Guy

Comment

Working...
                X