Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Jones
    replied
    I spotted the error whilst looking on the famous merseyside website, Interestingly looks like they've updated the 2D version but not the 4D version name...

This is probably one of the most overdue upgraded models that will be really well received...

Leave a comment:

• LaGrange
    replied
    Was nice to see the EP's at Warley. Will be nice to see them develop

Leave a comment:

• LaGrange
    commented on 's reply
    Can you bring them still, Im sure many including myself would like to see them in the flesh

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Nothing new to show on the 59, works are still in progress.

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks this is great stuff!

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Poor you Andy, I see the word "Mells" is troublesome...

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Martin,
    In the catalogue 2D-005-001(D) 59103 is incorrectly listed as Village of Great Elm, unfortunately this dates back to the original N gauge specification, made some years before my time (Announced in 2012?).
    I can assure you that all my project documentation (for both scales) as well as Dapol's price list reflects 59103 Village of Mells.
    Last edited by Andy Dapol; 15 November 2016, 18:04. Reason: Troublesome village corrected!

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Where did you spot that Martin? I ask simply because most places I look I definitely see "Village of Mells".

Have you considered the possibility of the "predictive text" causing what we commonly know as a "typo"? And in such a case some dealers might have just "copy-pasted" info passed on, I see only some online retailers have made the correct description.

• Martin Jones
    replied
    I notice that the locomotive 4D-005-001 - 59103 is being detailed as "Village of Great Elm" in ARC livery, the name for this locomotive should surely be "Village of Mells" the 2D-005-001 version is also detailed incorrectly ?
    Last edited by Martin Jones; 13 November 2016, 23:14.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Hopefully Andy can answer that soon...

• LaGrange
    replied
    Will the EP's be on display at Warley?

Leave a comment:

• daz9284
    replied
    Will the National Power 59/2 have the drophead buckeye?

regards.
    darryl

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Andy Dapol

When you have the next updated samples in hand can you please show us a picture of the fully assembled model with it's body shell off? I'd love to have a peek at the chassis block and motor set up etc. inside (actually looking for a nice Class 59/66 that is easy to use for a scratch-building project of mine as the overall dimensions match the loco I want to build. Hopefully Dapol will sell spares after release?

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    IIRC, Andy said he also received a whole pack of un-assembled parts. I think only one was assembled... These last few weeks have been extremely busy with Dapol attending Guildex and TINGS (if I've got them right).

Andy seems to be very busy and incharge of many new projects. I'm sure there'll be an update soon.

PS: If only I lived near Dapol, I would've been happy to fidget arond with the EPs and assemble them. On the other hand,I wish I could buy some of the EP samples...

• LaGrange
    replied
    Any further progress on this, or are we 'adding improvements'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X