• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any further progress on this, or are we 'adding improvements'

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      IIRC, Andy said he also received a whole pack of un-assembled parts. I think only one was assembled... These last few weeks have been extremely busy with Dapol attending Guildex and TINGS (if I've got them right).

Andy seems to be very busy and incharge of many new projects. I'm sure there'll be an update soon.

PS: If only I lived near Dapol, I would've been happy to fidget arond with the EPs and assemble them. On the other hand,I wish I could buy some of the EP samples...

Andy Dapol

When you have the next updated samples in hand can you please show us a picture of the fully assembled model with it's body shell off? I'd love to have a peek at the chassis block and motor set up etc. inside (actually looking for a nice Class 59/66 that is easy to use for a scratch-building project of mine as the overall dimensions match the loco I want to build. Hopefully Dapol will sell spares after release?

Cheers!
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Will the National Power 59/2 have the drophead buckeye?

regards.
      darryl

Comment

Will the EP's be on display at Warley?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully Andy can answer that soon...

• Andy Dapol
          Andy Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing new to show on the 59, works are still in progress.

• LaGrange
          LaGrange commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you bring them still, Im sure many including myself would like to see them in the flesh

I notice that the locomotive 4D-005-001 - 59103 is being detailed as "Village of Great Elm" in ARC livery, the name for this locomotive should surely be "Village of Mells" the 2D-005-001 version is also detailed incorrectly ?
        Last edited by Martin Jones; 13 November 2016, 22:14.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did you spot that Martin? I ask simply because most places I look I definitely see "Village of Mells".

Have you considered the possibility of the "predictive text" causing what we commonly know as a "typo"? And in such a case some dealers might have just "copy-pasted" info passed on, I see only some online retailers have made the correct description.

• Andy Dapol
          Andy Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Martin,
          In the catalogue 2D-005-001(D) 59103 is incorrectly listed as Village of Great Elm, unfortunately this dates back to the original N gauge specification, made some years before my time (Announced in 2012?).
          I can assure you that all my project documentation (for both scales) as well as Dapol's price list reflects 59103 Village of Mells.
          Last edited by Andy Dapol; 15 November 2016, 17:04. Reason: Troublesome village corrected!

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Poor you Andy, I see the word "Mells" is troublesome...

Was nice to see the EP's at Warley. Will be nice to see them develop

Comment

I spotted the error whilst looking on the famous merseyside website, Interestingly looks like they've updated the 2D version but not the 4D version name...

This is probably one of the most overdue upgraded models that will be really well received...

Comment

The "Product Development" section on the website doesn't list the Class 59. Has it be dropped for now? Or is there any update?
            Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              No not dropped at all. We are of to the factory in a week or so time to discuss the progress on the final EP.

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              Great, thanks for the update

Hi
            Have you got a rough idea of the price yet and the intended delivery date
            cheers

Comment

Andy Dapol Joel Dapol Might I enquire upon the progress of the Class 59. No doubt a model with a lot of interest in. I know photos of the working EP were shown around the internet (post shows). Did previous constructive comments on the first shots, preview here last year, provide useful customer expectation? Is there some progress on the project to show, allowing us forum uses to provide any feedback upon? I am going to assume you must be near livery samples?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                We are just working on some tweaks to the tooling now and getting decorations together, as soon as we have some progress to show, I will post it here.

159220 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the update Joel Dapol I forgot to appreciate that the Class 121/122 has been keeping all busy. Good to know comments made here have worked into tooling tweaks, was this after the first shots were shown on this thread or EP samples seen at shows (which sadly I missed). Livery samples are being look forward too.

Hi All, watching this with great expectations as I think it will prove to be another excellent release if a close eye is kept on the details
              being correct for the respective batches. I am very keen on a DB Schenker machine and hope the Aggregate industries livery will appear
              at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by the norfolkman View Post
                Hi All, watching this with great expectations as I think it will prove to be another excellent release if a close eye is kept on the details
                being correct for the respective batches. I am very keen on a DB Schenker machine and hope the Aggregate industries livery will appear
                at some point.
                59206 "John F Yeoman" is planned in DB Schenker livery

Comment

Were any announcements made on the progress of the class 59 at the recent open day? Expected final EP samples, liveries and delivery quarter?

Are Hanson and AI liveries planned for batch 2?

Comment

Will there be any samples/pre-production models at Warley??

Comment

Is the Class 59 still being planned as a "Black Label" model...?
                      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Andy Dapol
                        Andy Dapol commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It has always been a 'Regular' range model Jeremiah.

• JeremiahBunyan
                        JeremiahBunyan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Andy. No idea where I heard that the Dapol Class 59 was intended to be a "Black Label" model. Either way I cannot wait to see these hit shelves. Is there any progress on these i.e. any new EP samples?
                    Working...
                    X