59 204 National Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 204 National Power

This is a very impressive looking model, if the photos so far are representative.
    If it's quality is as good as I anticipate, and certainly as the superbly impressive Class 68, it should be a model to keep for a long time.

I've actually ordered 59 204 from one of your outlets.

Just one thought.
    I understand the effects of lighting conditions, ambient light, fade over time, etc., but the blue on the body looks a bit intense - a bit too strong.

Has the intensity of the blue been moderated a little, from what we see in the pre-production photos, or will it be precisely as seen - say - on Hattons website - larger photos can be seen there?

Just a question - won't affect my order - I like Blue anyway (Evertonian!!)

Al.

OP was written 6 months ago - any update on the model please?

Rotating axleboxes have been something of an 'issue' with the Hattons one, how is progress with the Dapol one?
    I believe the Hattons' 66 axles are too short, not permitting sufficient 'purchase for the axles, and the access holes in the bogie sideframes were a little too small, meaning any slightl off-centre axlebox will catch and cause 'wobble' - has this been noticed in the 59?

When is the latest ETA in model shops please?

Thanks,

Alan.

Comment

Hi atom3624 ,
      This model is still progressing, delays last year to all our product range and the subsequent need to design around electronic supplies issues impacted progress. However I am expecting further samples shortly, which if satisfactory will permit production to start.
      Livery samples have been revised (basically the purpose of livery samples is to sample paint shades and printing challenges etc.) and we are happy with the colour chip samples. There will be a full update once we have production and delivery forecasts.
      Regards
      Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• daz9284
        daz9284 commented
        Editing a comment
        cheers mate. Thats a shame as i would have brought one of my converted bachmann hhas into a national power JMA for a picture. I meant is there an updates on the livery samples? cheers mate

• Andy Dapol
        Andy Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah! I understand. The liveries have been corrected. Production samples are expected Q2-Q3.

• daz9284
        daz9284 commented
        Editing a comment
        excellent. cheers mate

Hi Andy,

That sounds great.
      Not sure what you mean by electronic supplies issues, but if it's in hand and will be resolved, that's the main thing.

All being well - electronic issues, paint / livery verification and definition, etc - with production due to start, when would be an ETA to customer - end of Q2?

Thanks,

Alan.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Alan, hopefully end of quarter 2, perhaps into Quarter 3.

Hi there,
      I've just realised there was a reply, my apologies Joel for not responding sooner.

I presume with the COVID-19 situation, the Q2 - Q3 initial delivery dates anticipated will have changed to perhaps late Q3 / early Q4? Still during 2020?

Thanks,

Al.

Comment

• Andy Dapol
        Andy Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, Yes we're working with our factories to move production ahead and at the moment we are still anticipating 2020.
    Working...
    X