Rolling stock for the Class 59s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling stock for the Class 59s

For a geologist I do not tend to follow the rolling stock used for sand and aggregate trains - I really should and the 59 model has certainly sparked my interest.
    What rolling stock/wagons are there to go with the 59s out of Merehead with Aggregates Industries, DB Cargo UK and Hanson?

I bought a 59 National Power and a set of wagons from a well known source. Very expensive but very good. They were a special commission from a competitor who has not put them in their catalogue, so should be easy to replicate.

Comment

Is there any update on what (if any) rolling stock is going to be produced to go with the 59's?

Regards,
      Darryl

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope...If there is it'll will be announced with a lot of fanfare LOL!

evening all.

has there been any further news on what (if any) rolling stock is to be produced for the 59's. please don't do a Lima and Hornby and release them with no rolling stock.

regards
      Darryl

Comment

• Neil Dapol
        Neil Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Darryl,

Rolling stock for the Class 59's is being discussed but no decision has been reached so far, i will let you know when we have something concrete

• daz9284
        daz9284 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Neil

thank you for the reply. Fingers crossed that the discussions become concrete. I know this is in the wrong thread, but if the 59's sell well (I'm sure they will), is there plans to release the 59/0 in Agg Inds and GBRf livery and 59/1 in Hanson?

many thanks
        Darryl

159220 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would also seek AI livery along with Hanson. Having only pre-ordered the DBS out of batch 1.

I hope the JNA/MMA thread has proven useful in choosing a wagon, now over 500 JNA/MMA in the UK which see a lot of Class 59 haulage in MRL livery.

Was any rolling stock announced for the Class 59 to haul at the recent open day?

Comment

Working...
    X