Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say they do look very nice.

Liveries look very good on all three.

I just hope they don't have any DCC running issues like the Class 73.

Comment

So if a sound decoder and speaker was bought separate and fitted would the lighting functions work or would the decoder need to be adjusted for the lighting all to work and sound functions to all work

Comment

Hi hope santa brought most of what you all wanted !
        Have seen the pic's of the 68's on the DEMU forum and they do look superb a definate ten from Len.
        Many thanks as mentioned above to Dapol for allowing us to comment and assist with the project very much looking forward to a test session now .

Comment

Brilliant looking models - thanks to all involved across the world! Looking forward to N gauge versions from the shrink ray some time this year ! Festive greetings as well to all on digest.

Comment

Great product produced there mate, itching to get my hands on it now...both of the main DRS 68's. A massive thank you for delivering such a great product and allowing the customers to engage with the process, enhancing the model even further and giving the customer definite answers for delivery times etc... More companies should really take a leaf put of your book if they have not already. Thank you ever so much yet again, festive greetings to all on this forum.

Comment

I too would like to thank Dapol for keeping us informed on the work and progress of the Class 68s through the Digest. The digest is a great idea and I am really looking forward to future batches of the Class 68s. I would also like to thank Dapol for all of their hard work, time and effort that has gone into the Class 68 models especially the liveries and even more the DRS livery. That is such a difficult livery to replicate but you have done it. A massive thank you for all of your hard work on behalf of all of the people who are/will be buying them.

Seasons greetings to everyone.

I am really looking forward to these models arriving now.

Comment

As the release date hopefully rolls ever closer I have just a couple more questions to ask:

1) Reference 68001, is this going to be released from the DRS shop with factory fitted sound?

2) Will 001 be available before or after the other initial releases?

Sorry to pester but 001 has been top of the wish list for some time now, if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks, hope all posters on here had a wonderful xmas & all the very best for 2017.

Tom.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                  Joel Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  At this moment in time 68001 will be supplied to DRS DCC Ready only and will be available with the main Dapol batch or within a week or two. Sound fitting will have to be arranged by the customer themselves. I hope that helps.

I ask drs shop last week and class 68001 is only dcc fitted not sound .

Comment

• tomdonnelly87002
                  tomdonnelly87002 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you 66122, that's a real shame I would have thought with it being a ltd edition it would have had sound. Oh well A sound fitted Chiltern & DRS example it'll have to be. Does anyone know if the factory fitted sounds are still being supplied by LegoManBiffo? Many thanks for your response.

Tom

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It won't make sense to only release DCC sound, not everyone wants DCC sound. And since no updates were made regarding sound then it's probably LegomanBiffo still. Though I'd like to see another video, somehow wasn't too sure about the sound when he released the first video.

Anyone aware on how close they are to hitting the shop shelves yet? I have a Zimo MX632D and a load of Chiltern MK3s still waiting ;-)

Comment

• centraltrains
                  centraltrains commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a shame... I heard lots of rumours saying mid-Jan. I just hope the Chiltern 68s priority isn't heavily neglected for the other liveries at it sadly seems to be the livery with the least hype & discussion/mentions...

• Joel Dapol
                  Joel Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They are about to be dispatched now so should be in store mid February (4 weeks at sea plus a week in customs). I take it it is the Chiltern livery version you are after?

• DRS Crewe On A Mission
                  DRS Crewe On A Mission commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's brilliant Joel Dapol. Really looking forward to these models arriving.

Can I ask some questions about fitting sound, if I buy a non-DCC fitted loco:

1. Is the speaker a simple clip-in like on the Dapol Western?
                2. Is the circuit board in the loco identical in the non fitted and sound fitted locos?
                3. Does anyone know what suppliers have Class 68 sound files ready?

I prefer the ZIMO MX645 or similar, the motor control is the best and support for function keys for braking and setting sound to coasting are nice, but if the sound files are only available for the Loksound that would do also.

Thanks,

Pete

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  #1 It will probably be an easy-to-fit speaker.
                  #3 Legomanbiffo

Sorry as I am unable to answer the rest.

• Andy Dapol
                  Andy Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  peteb
                  1) It is the same as the Western etc.
                  2) Yes
                  3) Factory fitted sound/LMB are available on Loksound.

Nice to hear they will be out before Demu I am there with my exhibition layout and will be great to have 68s running on it well done dapol

Comment

Hi,

Just noticed on the photos that for the Chiltern ones, On 68014 the yellow seems a lot darker/duller than it is on 68010? It isn't actually like this? Is it just a problem with the photos?

Comment

Looking forward to receiving mine. Ordered a scotrail version, though I don't have anything for it to run with! Make us some decent MK2s please :-)

Comment

So are the models still on target for February release having a lovely boat trip to the U.K.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                      Joel Dapol commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, they are on their way.

By boat or by train !

Comment

• dastardley
                      dastardley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Now that is making an assumption about staff awareness!
                  Working...
                  X