Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRS Crewe On A Mission
    replied
    Thoroughly looking forward to seeing the final decorated samples. Can't wait for the Class 68s now and I can't wait for further batches with more of the DRS liveried models in.

What if any as yet are the plans for further batches? Are their any liveries, running numbers and names in mind for the second batch? I'm just asking because now that all of the current 25 Class 68s are in traffic and working regular trains right across the DRS portfolio it would be really good to see some more/several DRS liveried Class 68s in batch two.

Thank you very much in advance.

Leave a comment:

commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Shall have to get back over the Smiths!

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    These are the 1st decorated sample.Yes, the same range of techniques as described. - More photos due in Hornby Magazine, August issue I think.

replied
    I was in Smiths and I saw in Rail Express Modeller some additional photos of the otherside of 68001. Looked much better, but could of been the lighting. Did the sample represent different abilities of livery application as Andy has stated before on here?

Great to see the actual 68s venture further with more work, now a permanent feature on Tescoliner and today starting passenger working here in East Anglia. Best start spraying some Riviera 'Anglia Railways' 'Norfolkman' coaches!

Leave a comment:

• pegleg90
    replied
    Hi Andy, Any idea when you expect to see the revised samples? (no idea how long these take - sorry!)

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    I would never have noticed that...shame on a guy who has an eye for small details and makes custom models! DOH!

• Andy Dapol
    replied
    Regarding fuel tanks. It's Subtle, but apparent. From 68006 onwards (within our current modelling period which extends up-to 68015) a larger (longer fuel tank was fitted, this also included a few additional underside changes, such as the land-line power socket was rotated through 90 degrees. The two tanks are shown below FYI. ('large' tank on the left)

Leave a comment:

• DRS Crewe On A Mission
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidInYork View Post
    There's a mention from Dapol above about the fuel tank differences on 68s (I've also seen it mentioned elsewhere). Can someone explain where these differences are and which locos it applies to? I've been looking at photos and can't see it - I'm sure I'm missing something!

Thanks
    I have been wondering the exact same thing.

I think 68001-68005 have a different fuel tank. Their maybe more.

I'm sure someone else with more knowledge will be able to clarify.

Leave a comment:

• DavidInYork
    replied
    There's a mention from Dapol above about the fuel tank differences on 68s (I've also seen it mentioned elsewhere). Can someone explain where these differences are and which locos it applies to? I've been looking at photos and can't see it - I'm sure I'm missing something!

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ben68009
    replied
    Will the detailing be factory fitted or will we get a bag full of detailing to apply ourselves

Leave a comment:

• DRS Crewe On A Mission
    replied
    Originally posted by pegleg90 View Post
    As has been said, well done Dapol for creating this forum. After not seeing anything for ages these images have been very much welcomed and helped understand the delay.

41 locos! did realise they had that many on order! best start saving if i want them all!
    The first batch of the initial 25 are all now in the UK and in traffic. The second batch which is 68026-68032 will probably arrive this year if not the start of next. 68033-68041 are the third batch. It will be very good to see all of the running numbers, names and liveries produced over time. I completely agree I better start saving now too.

Leave a comment:

• pegleg90
    replied
    As has been said, well done Dapol for creating this forum. After not seeing anything for ages these images have been very much welcomed and helped understand the delay.

41 locos! did realise they had that many on order! best start saving if i want them all!

Leave a comment:

• DRS Crewe On A Mission
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Dapol View Post
    Jeremiah's suggestion is correct regarding the sound/non sound decoders (start off and acceleration is usually much slower with a sound decoder, due to breaks and various other sound effects).
    Thanks for the suggestions on numbers, We'll be bringing out all name/number variants overtime, probably 3-4 per year. We'll also be producing various combinations of with/without handrails for Chiltern versions. If you decide to renumber, remember to watch out for fuel tank differences etc. We'll also be producing various combinations of with/without handrails for Chiltern versions.

Sound recording was arranged by us, and took place on a ballast train run. I can confirm Legoman and I spent a day 'suffering' in the cab whilst making the recordings. The main issue is that the '68 needs a very bassy speaker, we've designed the model to fit a DCC Supplies Bass reflex speaker but there is room (with some modifications) for a second speaker which will help increase bass if required.
    Thank you very much everyone and Dapol for the replies (I can't quote the others). It's very much appreciated.

It's a shame that the sound fitted locos will run at a different speed to the non sound locos. That's puts me off of buying them because if I do they won't be able to run in a consist with non sound locos.

That's fantastic and very good to hear! So over time will you eventually release all DRS liveried Class 68s in OO Gauge and all running numbers and names? Are you going to produce all 41 Class 68s that have been ordered so far? That's good to hear because everyone will want specific running numbers and names so it will be good to offer every option over time to allow people to acquire as many models as they choose to. I'm really looking forward to seeing the above numbers and names mentioned above. I will certainly buy several DRS liveried models. I thought that the DRS liveried models were going to be digitally printed thus this wouldn't allow renumbering to be done?

So are the factory fitted sounds already fitted to the Class 68s when they become available the exact same sounds as the Legobiffoman sounds?

Are all of the OO Gauge Class 68s going to be fitted with cab lighting?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards,

Danny.

Leave a comment:

• DavidInYork
    replied
    Will the Chiltern ones (and 8 and 9 if you do them in the future) have the additional orange multiple-working socket above the buffer beam?

Leave a comment:

• Andy Dapol
    replied
    Jeremiah's suggestion is correct regarding the sound/non sound decoders (start off and acceleration is usually much slower with a sound decoder, due to breaks and various other sound effects).
    Thanks for the suggestions on numbers, We'll be bringing out all name/number variants overtime, probably 3-4 per year. We'll also be producing various combinations of with/without handrails for Chiltern versions. If you decide to renumber, remember to watch out for fuel tank differences etc. We'll also be producing various combinations of with/without handrails for Chiltern versions.

Sound recording was arranged by us, and took place on a ballast train run. I can confirm Legoman and I spent a day 'suffering' in the cab whilst making the recordings. The main issue is that the '68 needs a very bassy speaker, we've designed the model to fit a DCC Supplies Bass reflex speaker but there is room (with some modifications) for a second speaker which will help increase bass if required.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X