Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next batch of class 68's - Any improvements??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Great news on another production run, I've got 68008 on pre-order. If i've not missed the boat can I put my name forward for replacement body's? I've got 68002 & 68005. Personally prefer to have them numbered etc.

Any any adjustments being made to the loco packaging cradle to try and avoid the yellow ends being marked?

Kind Regards
    Ali
    Last edited by pegleg90; 20 May 2017, 19:45. Reason: note on packaging

Comment

I'll join the list of those seeking a corrected body for 68 001 limited edition. Either at a small nominal cost or as a swap for the current miss printed body.

Comment

I have purchased five 68s. I would like two new bodies for my 68001 and 68005 in DRS and also need a replacement for my 68007 due to glue spue. So please put me down. Could the others be returned and reworked or is it not viable ?

Comment

I haven't purchased a OO gauge Class 68 from Dapol and I don't intend to, I am personally after an N gauge one due later on. However I do want to make a suggestion regarding the replacement body shells for the Class 68s.

1) Re: DRS Limited Edition lass 68 #68001
          My best solution is to get in contact with DRS and ask them to further get in contact with the customers and enquire about who wants a replacement body shell or not. According to the response Dapol can then get replacement body shells with few more spares just in case. Let DRS do the shipping to ensure that those who paid for the Limited Edition still get a Limited edition.

2) Re: the standard releases of 68003 and 68005 (if I have got the numbers correct)
          Dapol can supply fully painted but un-numbered shells to those who wish to buy a corrected shell. A small set of decals with the numbering for 68003 and 68005 can be supplied with each and the customer can add his/her's desired number. If they can remove a shell, they can add a few decals. IMHO it's the safest way that will allow Dapol to mend and error and please a customer. If a rather picky customer doesn't want to apply a decal then IMHO it's their loss.

3) Spare shells can be sent in. I am pro-recycle and I think the recycled shells can be used to recreate the few DRS Class 68s that have a simplified and lighter blue livery. R3Sprays does a decal set for those already.

Just my suggestions.

Cheers,
          J.
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• ben68009
            ben68009 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a good idea!

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Ben!

I disagree, if they are going to make the effort of replacing the body shells then they should do it correctly. Old for new and factory finished. Will devalue future releases if they come out un-numbered.

Comment

Andy Dapol l Has a production times lot been agreed for the 68s, would be good to have a rough calculated guess as to when the new 68s shall be in stock. Any pre-production livery samples yet? Would be good to give the liveries a once over here before production began.
            Neil Dapol Can you confirm what you meant by "corrected wheel centres" on 68008. Do you mean break discs? As for batch 1 I have bought superb etched break discs from Shawplan/R3Sprays.

Comment

159220 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the update Joel Dapol. Look forward to seeing samples when available. Neil Dapol, could you possibly confirm what is meant by "corrected wheel centres" on 68008.

• Neil Dapol
              Neil Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              I made the post some time ago and have asked the project manager to confirm rather than give you incorrect information.

159220 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Neil Dapol If anything like me at the moment, I cannot even remember what I wrote yesterday!

Breakfast was a long time ago for me.....
            Regards
            Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

I see that this link http://class68.dccsupplies.com/ is now live for requesting bodyshell replacements for the misprinted DRS examples, so a big thumbs up to Dapol for that. However I need reassurance that we won't get the wonky nameplates with glue marks that have been reported on the first batch. I would prefer to for these to be provided loose as a separate item that I can fit myself. I will only have myself to blame then if I mess it up. I'm sure all the other modellers who are passionate about things being right, would be able to apply the nameplates.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay, we will look into this suggestion

I would like to thank dapol for the replacement bodyshell link, will sort out my pair tonight.

Comment

Hi All , I would also like to thank Dapol for offering to replace the incorrect printed body shell's a very big thumb's up to you all.
                Would it be possible to print the name plates on to the replacement shell's which is what I believe is happening to the second batch ?
                This way would cancel out the chance of wonky plates or excessive glue as previous and provide a guide for those who wish to fit etched which
                could be in a bag with the shell.

Comment

Yes, really good gesture from Dapol to do this.

Thankyou.

And agree it would be better to have bagged nameplates for self fitment...
                  Last edited by Martin Jones; 2 August 2017, 22:19.

Comment

Any word yet on when the replacement Class 68 DRS bodies will be ready for swapping?

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish-Exile View Post
                      Any word yet on when the replacement Class 68 DRS bodies will be ready for swapping?
                      Same here I'm awaiting a new body shell for 001, and 002. Although I had actually brought 001, and 005, but I had lighting faults with both. When they came back 005 had become 002. I only noticed last week that the buffers on one end are the wrong way round.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish-Exile View Post
                        Reports on another forum suggest that they, along with the 2nd batch of models, will be here in time for Warley.

Comment

The Class 68 replacement body shells have been produced in conjunction with the next batch of the models. This production run is currently on the water heading our way. We are now at the vagaries of shipping and customs. We hope to have these in time for Warley but we cannot guarantee this.
                          Regards
                          Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Working...
                          X