Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next batch of class 68's - Any improvements??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Next batch of class 68's - Any improvements??

Hi there,

I just received an e-mail from Rails of Sheffield stating that a new limited run of these models has been planned (4D-022-008 to 4D-022-0011). Before I commit to any pre-orders, I would like to know if the livery error on the DRS example has been rectified and if Dapol will respond to the request NOT to fit the nameplates. What appeared initially to be an excellent model was somewhat overshadowed by basic errors. The nameplate issue in particular seems to have been discussed at length in this forum prior to release and the suggestions seem to have been ignored.

https://digest.dapol.co.uk/forum/mai...hed-nameplates

Nameplates supplied in a bag (perhaps with a template) for the buyer to fit appeared to be the preferred option...Less work for the factory to do and a simpler option if the buyer wishes to renumber the loco. Please redeem yourself Dapol and make sure the Class 59 is not similarly affected.....need that one to be a stunner!

Thanks

Rich

https://digest.dapol.co.uk/forum/mai...oduction/page6 includes a reply from Joel Dapol which should meet what you are asking for.

Comment

https://digest.dapol.co.uk/forum/mai...=5284#post5284

Joel has posted about the nameplate issue, hopefully he'll be able to answer the one regarding the livery.
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Walkes07
        Walkes07 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi joe glad to see u have corrected the drs livery. Any news if u are going to correct the ones that were wrong. E.g. New bodies

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        We may have some spare bodies available for swap over with the next production run, but this is not an easy job. If anybody is interested then please let us know.

159220 commented
        Editing a comment
        Re: bodies. Is this an official call of interest? As previously privately noted.

Could Dapol confirm whether th model of 68008 in the next batch with have the AAR sockets? That's not clear from the press release on your website.
      Thanks

Comment

• Neil Dapol
        Neil Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        I have just checked with the Project Manager and it will have the AAR socket fitted.

• Wild Boar Fell
        Wild Boar Fell commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent, was just about to comment this, this is currently only fitted to 68008-15.

Please find attached the provisional artwork for the 2017 production run of Class 68's. 68008 Avenger is shown with the corrected wheel centres and fan background colorationfor illustration purposes, this will be implemented where necessary across the range of models.
      Regards
      Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good, lets hope the staff in the factory can actually follow it.

• Roylang
        Roylang commented
        Editing a comment
        As said, looking very good but you aren't doing my bank balance any good!

Roy

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        We are going over soon to discuss and to make sure everything is understood.

How about correcting the DCC board and space available for a chip.
      As my ESU Lok Sound has to sit at an angle for it to fit. Also the enamel fly lead fixing the common line which caught a few people out.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your comments and we are looking at all areas for improvement, so all suggestions have been noted.

• Anthony566
        Anthony566 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi you can move the PCB to allow the chip to sit flat and maybe this is all Dapol need to do rather than re design the who PCB ?

Brilliant to hear that another batch of OO Gauge Class 68s has been announced.

It's brilliant to hear that the DRS livery has been corrected and the nameplate issue has been resolved. Hopefully I will have enough money to pre-order 68003 and 68008 as DCC Fitted models. I will look forward to these been produced later this year and receiving them.

I am really pleased with the first batch. Thank you very much for producing outstanding models and I look forward to acquiring some more.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        If you don't mind me saying...If you don't have enough money for the DCC fitted DRS versions, buy the DC versions and buy the decoders later. Or else you'll might miss out and that would be disappointing.

Great news from Joel Dapol to confirm that the issues are being addressed...I forgot about the problem with the decoder fouling the speaker, as I managed to move my PCB about 5mm forward to cure the problem, but a permanent fix would be a bonus.

Can I also be added to the list of interested parties for a replacement DRS body for my Intrepid...perhaps fully decorated in the correct livery but without numbers or nameplates added.

Cheers Dapol for sorting things.

Rich
      Last edited by sharpshooter; 28 April 2017, 17:04.

Comment

I will happily take a pair of spare bodies if there are any spare. Preferably as mentioned above without numbers or nameplates but fully decorated.
        The offer is much appreciated.
        Ben

Comment

I am thrilled to hear that another batch has been announced I take it from the pictures that these ones will come with the brake discs already attached? Keep up the wonderful work Dapol.

Tom.

Comment

HI All, bit embarrasing really just been reading another page and posted there and now found this one !! hey ho lol.
            The drawings look very promising and very impressed that Dapol have corrected the livery, and also that the offer has been made
            to supply spare bodies for batch one models with corrected liveries. Please could I put my name forward for a spare shell for my 68005
            Defiant if possible. Any idea when we will be able to pre- order the new batch models please ?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              No problem, threads can sometimes get a bit confusing. These are available for pre-oredr from most model stores now I believe. We are aiming for a November release date.

While I'm here if I could also please put my name forward for replacement bodies for 68002 & 005 I would be most grateful.

Many thanks Tom.

Comment

• ben68009
              ben68009 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I wouldn't mind 68005 and 68003 actually

Hi all,

It's brilliant that another batch of OO Gauge Class 68s have been announced for delivery later this year.

I will hopefully be buying 68003 and 68008.

It's also brilliant that replacement body shells have been offered for the first batch of DRS liveried 68s in OO Gauge.

Please could I put my name down for replacement bodies with the corrected livery for both 68002 and 68005 in OO Gauge?

I am just wondering will you be producing replacement body shells for the DRS Limited Edition 68001 in OO Gauge? I am asking because I am considering buying one at the moment but I don't want to pay £200 for a loco where the replacement body shell with the corrected livery isn't going to be offered.

Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

I would also like a replacement body for 68005. How do we go about by putting our name down for one?

Comment

Hi,

Great news more 68s are being released later this year. Have already got 68003 and 68008 on pre-order.

i would be very interested also in acquiring the replacement body shells for all the previous DRS releases 68002 and 68005, including the limited edition 68001. Please inform on how the repcalement body shells can be ordered.

Regards,
                Matt.

Comment

159220 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Joel Dapol Neil Dapol would you be able to confirm that 68001 shall also be included in the body swap scheme?

• amwells
                  amwells commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would also like a replacement body shell for my 68001. Would be nice to offer it directly through DRS only to prevent the limited nature (and associated higher price paid by those of us who bought one) being diluted by people simply switching new body shells onto non limited versions.

• 37081lochlong
                  37081lochlong commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with Amwells that it goes via DRS (As long as they pack it better than they pack a £200 loco!!)
              Working...
              X