No announcement yet.

Still looking for news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will that include an update on the 00 class 22 rerun?
    peter

Comment

Joel Dapol

Richard Dapol

Is the update promised on the 5th July any closer to being posted? What phase are they now at?

Regards
      Last edited by PB814; 24 August 2017, 13:15.

Comment

• PB814
        PB814 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ignored again

So, as Christmas 2017 draws ever closer, progress reports about this long awaited Locomotive remain elusive.
      I think I've more chance of a visit from Santa Claus than receiving news about a Dapol Class 29 this year. LOL

I want to believe that progress is still being made, (clicks heels together 3 times)
      Perhaps if Santa or his elves reads this blog, he might grant my Christmas wish.

Pepsi

Comment

Since the new year there have been a multitude of announcements from the various manufacturers about current and future releases.
      However, nothing so far on the 21/29, although I'm still hopeful that something might surface in time for Glasgow.
      I seem the recall saying as much last year after Joel announced:
      "Very close now, the (hopefully) final CADs are in next week and then it's straight into tooling" on the 5th of Jan 2017.

Pepsi

Comment

Hi Pepsi,
        I mentioned last month that these models were in the toolroom, and now I am pleased to report that the factory has advised me that first shots are due around the middle of February, so we should have the first EP (engineering pilot) to view at Ally Pally at the end of March. Kind Regards, Richard

Comment

• ukpepsi
          ukpepsi commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Richard, Genuinely appreciate the quick response to my post.
          Can't be at Ally Pally though, Glasgow is the big one here in Scotland.
          Cheers, Pepsi

Could you update tech information for several of your locos in N Gauge. eg Britannia and 9F. Would love exploded views for disassembly

Comment

And now for something really special, talking about a new locomotive, What about the challenge in 2018 to produce an N Gauge Beyer Garrett! This would be a collectors special, whether you are diesel or steam enthusiast, you could not resist adding this to your collection could you? No one else has produced a recent one with the latest details, lights and sound maybe. Wow what a crowd puller that would be. Dapol are you up for it. Maybe hold a poll if you are unsure.

Comment

• Finsbury Park
            Finsbury Park commented
            Editing a comment
            What does this post have to do with the 00 gauge Class 29, which is the subject of this thread?

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            "This would be a collectors special, whether you are diesel or steam enthusiast, you could not resist adding this to your collection could you?"
            Have to politely disagree there. I've found most of them ugly and I would never spend more than 10 quid on one.

After seeing the photo was first the EP of the class 21 on the front page of your website, could you please tell us that the lower valance isn't going to stay flat like that? I've been looking forward to the 21 and 29 for a long time for my Scottish layout when I run it in a 1960's period but even to my untrained eye it looks very wrong the real thing looking at photos had a definite turn under.

It would be a great shame if the model is released with such a glaring error. As I say, I'm no expert on these two classes but if I can see the problem then you can guarantee that more knowledgeable modellers are going to see it (and actually have seen it looking at other forums).

I think the rest looks great and it's fantastic to finally see some progress but I'm now worried that it will be released like this

Comment

• 37081lochlong
            37081lochlong commented
            Editing a comment
            The trouble is, the CAD drawing on Hattons "look" like they have the turn under / angle / chamfer (how ever you want to word it)

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            The CAD images show the exact same angle (or whatever it's called).

• 37081lochlong
            37081lochlong commented
            Editing a comment
            As the only cad I've found was on hattons I can only go by that and as i said, that one "looks" like it has the turn under. I can't comment on any other

Now that the factory is back to work after their new year celebrations they can work on the 2nd engineering pilot.
          Regarding the first EP it's quite usual for some details that require adjusting or correcting. The lower valance 'turn under' is angled however this will be increased more in line with the prototype, Other details that will be corrected are the shutters, engine room doors and etched side grills, and we shall add a moulding behind these grills to imitate the radiator. The windscreen and cab side window beading's have not had the rivets added yet. There is also an adjustment to some of the roof panels,and a couple of other details that need adding.
          We at Dapol plan to make both the class 21 and the class 29 to be accurate representations of the prototypes and models you will be proud to own.
          Kind Regards,
          Richard

Comment

Many thanks for the reply Richard. That's good to know

Comment

I've noticed that Hattons only lists the Class 21 as being produced in green with no yellow warning panel. Will it be produced in green with a small yellow warning panel, as per these images...

http://railphotoprints.uk/p321309302
              http://railphotoprints.uk/p321309302...E851#h5bb2e851
              http://railphotoprints.uk/p321309302...39FD#ha3c95d94
              http://railphotoprints.uk/p321309302...39FD#h6e0439fd

... etc?

Comment

• PB814
                PB814 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hattons product numbers are years out of date now, I fully expect brand new product numbers with new liveries etc to be announced in the near future (probably Ally pally) for both the 21 and 29. So I would see those products listed on Hattons as null and void.

Its great to see the light at the end of the tunnel now, the Ep is looking highly encouraging and with the corrections being listed by Richard being made, I can't wait to get my hands on 2 or 3.

• Finsbury Park
                Finsbury Park commented
                Editing a comment
                It'll be nice to hear it from the horse's mouth, no matter how well-intentioned your remarks. Dapol knows, we don't. ;-)

I had never noticed until today that the Class 21 windscreen wipers were mounted at the top of the windscreens and the Class 29 ones at the bottom. Another interesting detail variation between the classes. Notable that Dapol has changed this from the CAD of the 21 to the EP, which bodes well.
                Last edited by Finsbury Park; 5 March 2018, 20:54.

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                We will be issuing a full list of models and variations as an update next week. Thanks for your patience over this project, it has been a long process!

37081lochlong here is a comparison of the CAD images and the first EP. I've slightly enhanced the image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_363.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	6978

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dapol_new_OO_21-1150x414.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	6979
              Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                Personally think that etched windscreen wipers would be finer and look more realistic. The ones in the CAD look super fine, however the moulded ones look too chunky.

Now that Ally Pally has been & gone, when are Dapol likely to publish their next update?
              I've seen the photo's & read the comments and it looks like there is still some work to do.
              A release date of end of 2018 early 2019 looks promising, perhaps a big Glasgow unveiling?

Pepsi

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                Update was issued yesterday

It's already been done -

https://digest.dapol.co.uk/forum/mai...nagers-blog-ag

Comment

https://digest.dapol.co.uk/filedata/...6&d=1522067075
                Link not working

Comment