• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    My apologies I have arrived late at this conversation (holidays and work catch up). Decorated samples tend to use one body shell as its the livery that is being refined. It can cause confusion and all pictures should be properly ascribed to reflect this, so please accept my apologies for the confusion.

It's really good news that you like the model, I know Andy put a lot of wok into the chassis and in my view it is one of the smoothest running machines we have ever produced. Like your choices I know Andy is after suggestions for batch #2.

replied
    My Blue and Grey 122 arrived this morning. Very happy with it. Darken the floor to make the high floor not as noticeable, silver and grime the front exhausts and frame dirt under the sole bar will finish it off a treat. After previous concern after reading Hornby Magazine, there is no headlight, so that suits me.
    Would like Dapol to do 55005 (with 121 exhausts) and 55006 at some point to recreate the Stalybridge - Stockport service in the mid 80's.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by woodbury22uk View Post
    Yes, hope this is how it will go into production and that Hornby magazine has got it wrong. Fingers crossed! Got to say it looks a cracking model.

Leave a comment:

• woodbury22uk
    replied
    Originally posted by 66738 View Post
    Long time Voyeur, first time poster. I've been patiently waiting for one or two of these. Just read the latest Hornby magazine and noticed the Blue and Grey one (55002) is to be released with headlight. Was hoping that the images we've seen up to press were like Joel said earlier, just mock ups using the one tooling. I'd just like to confirm is 55002 really being released with headlight? As this particular unit was scrapped in '87 without ever having a headlight fitted. It's poor research if this is to be the case.
    http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/ind...uge/?p=2757131. might give you more confidence.

Leave a comment:

• Dpearce
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, thanks Joel!

replied
    Long time Voyeur, first time poster. I've been patiently waiting for one or two of these. Just read the latest Hornby magazine and noticed the Blue and Grey one (55002) is to be released with headlight. Was hoping that the images we've seen up to press were like Joel said earlier, just mock ups using the one tooling. I'd just like to confirm is 55002 really being released with headlight? As this particular unit was scrapped in '87 without ever having a headlight fitted. It's poor research if this is to be the case.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    The Class 122's are due in at the beginning of July, the Class 121's will be around 10 weeks later. Hope that helps.

• Finsbury Park
    replied
    I do find it a little frustrating that - when Dapol was touting the Digest as a way of keeping regularly in touch with its consumers (Subtext: without having to negotiate the minefield of OTT criticism that is the likes of RMweb) - that questions like this are not answered quickly. With new products from various manufacturers all vying for our wallets, being able to budget and plan accordingly is very necessary, especially in such an era of economic uncertainty.

With the Dapol 121s, 122s, WR railcars, 73s; the Kernow 4TC, Bulleids and Hornby H all calling on my wallet, being able to plan ahead by having an idea of those products likely to arrive within the next 2-3 months would be very handy, especially when prices - for well-documented reasons - keep on climbing.

Leave a comment:

• Dpearce
    replied
    Hi guys,

What's the latest on the arrival date for the 122/121s do you know? I have seen the review appearing in magazines (and looking great) but it would be great to get an idea as to when to expect them!

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Jack
    replied
    Got in touch with Hattons regarding this missing window, and this is their reply.

Originally posted by Hattons Dave
    It has been confirmed by Dapol that the extra window is not in the tooling therefore the bodies will appear exactly as they do in the images. There are still some livery issues to sort but the extra window is something we cannot change I'm afraid.
    Not the best situation really, especially considering Dapol/Hattons have invested a lot of time and money into the project.

Would I be right in thinking that this is not being addressed as the standard releases won't have this and therefore it would be something Hattons would have to sort out (or rather, won't)?

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Then hopefully one of the Dapol staff can tell us if there's provisions in the tooling for such.

• Jack
    commented on 's reply
    I believe it might be a feature on the modern 121s such as the Chiltern ones too. Not sure however.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Is it something specific to only the ATW Class 121s? Or was it a general feature on some Class 121s?

• Jack
    replied
    I appreciate this thread is really about the 122s, but I can't help noticing the photos on Hattons' site of the pre-production models, and that (not sure if it applies to other ones too) the 121032 in ATW livery model has a window missing at the end! The narrow window to the left of the far right cab door in this photo - 4D-009-HAT02_1506418_Qty1_cat1.jpg - should have another by its side making it 2 windows. Is this something that's been addressed?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X