Class 122 Livery drawings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 122 Livery drawings.

We'd like to share the initial Class 122 Livery drafts showing the forthcoming releases. As always, constructive comments are welcome (Please add below)
    We are especially looking for further detailed photographs of the data panels found on the rear (Exhaust end) of these locos. These data panels varied from loco to loco and frequently changed.
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Liveries look good just need a few to make parcels and presreved ones
    robert

Comment

I am pleased to see that the drive unit does not appear in the main body, but only comment would be regarding the seating unit, does it have to be beige? Pedantic I know but a darker shade would not jump out of the cabin. (visually)

Very interesting to see how artwork is created !

Comment

• Andy Dapol
        Andy Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, If anyone has some period [colour] photographs of the interior of these vehicles, or can point to documentation illustrating the colours then please PM me.

I hope you don't mind me wishlisting, but I would absolutely love to see a Chiltern version. Looks lovely in that blue and would accompany the Class 68s in the Chiltern livery.
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

159220 commented
        Editing a comment
        You shall find it is a limited edition: 4D-009-HAT04 with eHattons.

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks 159220!

eHattons editions are looking good: http://www.ehattons.com/NewsDetail.aspx?id=88
      Grey seating also sits better with the model, I feel.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree Dave Mylett @ Hattons has done a cracking job.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed , the new Bachmann DMU are being fitted with people inside , I wonder if Dapol will keep up with them , as I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for a choice of a populated dum , as I'm dcc and all my stock has fitted lights , it seems obvious thing to offer on the dcc fitted version ? As getting the bodies off these things can be hassle, maybe a driver , but then it's a question of which way round will it run? Or have one at both ends , independent cab light both ends? Now I'm asking to much ....

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        I would never want anything of my factory populated... Anyone striving for accuracy would ideally not want them pre-fitted. It's just another thing that makes modelers lazy.

And don't get me started on a driver at one end. Bachmann locos look stupid with a pre-fitted driver at one end. I don't see the sense in it.

• Andy Dapol
        Andy Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a tricky one. Even if we put a bunch of people in a plastics bag (probably illegal in it's self 😉) how should the be dressed -era etc.etc. Perhaps a ranges of OO, N, etc. Figures suitable for various eras should be considered?
        Problem there, is the bags of multiple hundreds of figures available for pennies that are available on 'The bay'. Of course ours would be better quality, but would they sell, what with the continental and uk figures already available?
    Working...
    X