This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Portal contruction.

We'd like to hear your opinion on a construction method for the portals.
    Please indicate either a modular (Single pack, variable span 2 - 4 tracks plus add-on span pack) or Multiple fixed span packs (e.g. 2, 3, 4 track spans).
    If you prefer a module product, please indicate is glue-less assembly is essential to your acceptance of the product, at the possible expense of accuracy.
    Fixed spans (Multiple widths)
    15.79%
    Modular design (single pack)
    78.95%
    Glueless construction essential
    42.11%
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Voted for modular design. I've also voted for glueless construction essential simply because many will have a tough time glueing parts neatly and some may make a mess (I keep wondering what I'll do..perfect or messy?)
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Voted for modular, against glueless. I think that would garner higher retailer stock levels, and retailer promotions/marketing, etc. which ought to result in higher volume sales. Achieving and maintaining higher volume sales, is surely the best bet that we get a wide range with longevity of production and continued development/expansion.

I'll have to electrify to keep up with my inspiration - South West/GWR Mainline in N - and to legitimize all the electric Locos I bought for no better reason than I liked the look of the model. Though I do worry about OHLE taking over the scene like weeds in a flowerbed. A modular design might allow for easier modelling of an in progress OHLE infrastructure upgrade. Oh, that's another marketing angle!

Comment

Working...
      X